+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Dell Netbooks in Technical; I am looking at purchasing a number of the Dell Latitude L2100 Netbooks for the schools curriculum network, does anyone ...

Thank Post

Dell Netbooks

I am looking at purchasing a number of the Dell Latitude L2100 Netbooks for the schools curriculum network, does anyone use them in there schools and if so any comments? would be keen to know if you also have the laptop trolley that goes with it.

Thanks

Thank Post
    We have 20 of these and have no problems apart from kids getting the keys off ,but we get that with every make of laptop we try . I would pay a bit more and get the high cap battery . We use these trollies on all our laptops as you see from the video ,built like a tank.

Laptop Security Cabinets and Trolleys

At the time we purchased ours the dell trolley was not available.

The rugged design just means dell have stuck a piece of rubber on the top and bottom. I managed to buy of some toshiba of the same spec for less
    Last edited by rsenior; 29th June 2010 at 08:10 PM.

Thank Post
    We have a bank of these with the high capacity battery. Just to warn you the high capacity battery makes the netbook very high, and with it it can't actually fit into any of the standard netbook trolleys.

Other than that we quite like them. At the time we bought them Dell were the only people offering 3yr NBD warranties on netbook - one of the main reasons we opted for the Dells.

Thank Post
    Thanks for feedback...as per soulfish comment, will high capacity battery on these models fit into the suggested trolleys?
    Quote Originally Posted by rsenior View Post
    We have 20 of these and have no problems apart from kids getting the keys off ,but we get that with every make of laptop we try . I would pay a bit more and get the high cap battery . We use these trollies on all our laptops as you see from the video ,built like a tank.

Laptop Security Cabinets and Trolleys

At the time we purchased ours the dell trolley was not available.

Thanks for feedback...as per soulfish comment, will high capacity battery on these models fit into the suggested trolleys?

The rugged design just means dell have stuck a piece of rubber on the top and bottom. I managed to buy of some toshiba of the same spec for less

Thank Post
    What sort of battery life do you get out of these, looking for a full day on curriculum then charging overnight?

Thank Post
    Agree with Soulfish, we have to turn the netbooks so they stick out of the laptop trolley tray but it does fit and and you can close and lock the door.
    We bought the Lapcabby from Monarch but got a normal size trolley rather than one just made for the netbooks as the trolley from Dell wasn't availble
    Out of all the laptops we have in school for student use i'd say these are the best haven't had anywhere near as many issues or problems with keys pulled of etc, will defo be buying these next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post
    We have a bank of these with the high capacity battery. Just to warn you the high capacity battery makes the netbook very high, and with it it can't actually fit into any of the standard netbook trolleys.

Other than that we quite like them. At the time we bought them Dell were the only people offering 3yr NBD warranties on netbook - one of the main reasons we opted for the Dells.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread