+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Zoostorm? in Technical; Has anyone had any experience with Zoostorm Business PCs? We're looking for some low spec PCs, but we don't want ...
    Thank Post

Zoostorm?

Has anyone had any experience with Zoostorm Business PCs?

We're looking for some low spec PCs, but we don't want to buy PCs that die within two years!

Thank Post
    I'm going to assume that nobody has used these... hmmm.

Thank Post
    I've been looking at their netbooks for my own use. They have some cracking customer reviews.

Thank Post
    The Fizzbook is a very good product if thats what you are looking at laserblazer? We stock the Fizzbooks as well as the Zoostorm range of PCs so if you would like any pricing or any further information then please get in touch

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,103 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just had a test unit in from these for a big purchase this summer and we were very impressed by the build quality inside. Value for money was great as well. Sadly there were a few problems around the configuration and supply of parts (e.g. PS/2 keyboard and mice, but one PS/2 port, DVI output from the mobo but VGA in for the monitor from BT) but apparently this was because the account manager there changed halfway through the project, so there were a number of crossed wires. I'd recommend getting a test machine in to check for this sort of thing, but if there hadn't been those teething problems I'd have been happy to go with them. Certainly another Zoostorm we have in the school (one-off purchase) was brilliant VFM and has had no problems at all these last few months.

Thank Post
    Bought 3 machines at around £800~, one came with the grapics card heatsink bent preventing the fan from spinning. Other two were crashing every few hours on a base windows 7 install. Support blamed our configuration and were a pain. Avoid.

Thank Post
    We bought 34 of their 'Business Line' of Desktops for one of our IT Suites and they have been brilliant to be honest! The Mobo's are made by Foxxconn (which is by no means a blessing) so at least they are a recognisable brand and they came with Core 2 Duo CPUs so they cope with Windows 7 brilliantly. I am typing this reply on one right now (although this one is Quad Core cos it is my one for my office desk ). Only bought them about 5 or 6 months ago so I cant say anything about longevity but they have been great so far

hope that helped

Thank Post
    our IT guys have just bought 105 desktops... I think they had 1 dead on arrival other than that they seem rather good PCs for the money!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Of all the Fizzbook units we've supplied, we've had no returns/doa/hardware issues whatsoever. A thoroughly good product for the price.

Thank Post
    I've played with a few demo versions and was really impressed. I'm assured the release is imminent but a little confused that people seem to already have them. Just google fizzbooks and the uk resellers are all saying September. Don't even think about buying without the Smart software as it makes such a difference in the classroom and incredible value. Fizzbooks.co.uk have the release date

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread