+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, smartboard notebook 10.6 in Technical; Hi I am currently in the process of upgrading the smartboard drive and notebook driver to version 10.6, the latest ...
    Thank Post

smartboard notebook 10.6

Hi

I am currently in the process of upgrading the smartboard drive and notebook driver to version 10.6, the latest version. I tested the software on a couple of machine and it appeared to work ok. I am doing this to fix the random usb connection failures. So I spoke to smart and they said to upgrade. I deployed the last version by group policy and that had no problems so I deleted the last group policy in one ou and linked the new gpo. This all sound great and easy but 50% of the time the system jams uninstalling the old version or installing the new version, or just gives up part way through doing one or the other. I have tried the uninstall tool and 50%of the time it works and the other 50% it does nothing. I have had to resort to windows installer cleanup installer wizard and then reinstall by hand. What a pain.

The other problem I am having is when I eventually get it on the machine if you enter windows explorer and double click a smartboard file it just says this was created in a previous version and you have to open notebook and then do a file and open.

I spoke to smartboards tech support and they have talk me to uninstall and delete registry keys and files by hand and install again.

Flipping educational software I am sure they think I only have one machine or a tree full of support technicians.

If you have not upgraded please be aware of the problems and is anyone else having similar problems.

Richard

Thank Post
    Have you deployed the red_vc.msi file (I think it is) before deploying 10.6? Its in the driver zip file you download. I found I needed to deploy this before I could deploy 10.6, otherwise it was uninstall and not install 10.6, leaving staff without any notebook.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread