+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, VGA splitter cable in Technical; How difficult would it be to run a second VGA cable to the projector? (VGA in & VGA out) So ...

Thank Post
    How difficult would it be to run a second VGA cable to the projector? (VGA in & VGA out) So the projector will act as a splitter for you.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Educare_AV View Post
    How difficult would it be to run a second VGA cable to the projector? (VGA in & VGA out) So the projector will act as a splitter for you.
    That would work well with a short throw projector, but the cabling length (and hence cost) for a 'standard' projector would mean you'd probably spend more on the extra VGA lead than a splitter box.

Thank Post
    Sorry for digging up a slightly old thread but I'm having a similar issue.

We seem to have an increasing number of problems with powered VGA splitters. The issue is on a PC with the splitter, every minute or two the monitor disappears from device manager then reappears moments later. This also causes the Windows new hardware connect/disconnect sounds to play - which I've naturally had to turn off.

It may relate to EDID information mentioned on the previous page, or the PC getting confused when trying to poll information via the splitter. This has never been a problem in the past, and can't understand why it's happening now. Graphics drivers changes maybe?

Could anyone offer a suggestion to fix this? I could try the removing pins suggestion but would rather leave that as a last resort. Thanks.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricks View Post
    Sorry for digging up a slightly old thread but I'm having a similar issue.

We seem to have an increasing number of problems with powered VGA splitters. The issue is on a PC with the splitter, every minute or two the monitor disappears from device manager then reappears moments later. This also causes the Windows new hardware connect/disconnect sounds to play - which I've naturally had to turn off.

It may relate to EDID information mentioned on the previous page, or the PC getting confused when trying to poll information via the splitter. This has never been a problem in the past, and can't understand why it's happening now. Graphics drivers changes maybe?

Could anyone offer a suggestion to fix this? I could try the removing pins suggestion but would rather leave that as a last resort. Thanks.
    Have a look at the splitter and check that the monitor is connected to port 1, generaly the PnP info is carried from port one. If the projector is connected it's probably getting a bit confused.

Also check that all the cables are in good condition.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12