+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, iPads in Technical; Unless there is an Enterprise way of dealing out Apps (which there might be) the way to do it would ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Unless there is an Enterprise way of dealing out Apps (which there might be) the way to do it would be to connect each iPad one by one to a machine with the schools iTunes account and just let it sync, then give them back to the teacher. You could have upto 5 PCs with iTunes setup, so it would be 5 at a time, so it wouldn't necessarily take that long. Also, you should (I think) only need to buy the App once as its linked to the iTunes account, not the device.

Students wouldn't need their own Apple ID, but they may need to make sure they are using the same iPad each time (A different background for each would definately help there!)

Thank Post
    You want to use the iPad Deployment Tool for that many. If its a free app then that's fine, but paid apps is at the decision of the developer. Apple are working on a Education EULA.

1.) Not yet it's in the pipeline I've been told. There is one for the iPod Touch's.
    2.) No that isn't required.

Thank Post
    ok Great they really need to get this sorted if they want to get it into Schools.

I knew about the Ipod one i've seen it here: MCC Digital - Apple Premium Reseller selling Apple products and Canon Cameras online

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonj View Post
    Thanks for the information. It's a shame that the iPad will be limited like that, especially as the iPhone doesn't have the same restrictions.

I thought the HP slate had been canned? I seem to remember reading that in PC Pro...
    I'm sure they're still going ahead with it. I can't wait for the Android tablets to really take off. I don't trust ebay and the ones on offer on dealextreme sound dodgy.

I was a tablet sceptic until recently but I now believe they will be of far more use than Netbooks.

If only Apple halved their price eh?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information