+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, HP Laserjet 2055N Printer- Additional Paper Tray Issue in Technical; Hi Guys, Not sure if anyone will be able to help me with this but here goes. Recently purchased a ...

Thank Post

HP Laserjet 2055N Printer- Additional Paper Tray Issue

Hi Guys,

Not sure if anyone will be able to help me with this but here goes.

Recently purchased a new HP laserjet 2055N for our reception staff. They wanted a printer that could feed from 3 different trays i.e. the manual tray feed (tray1), the standard tray feed (tray2) and an additional tray feed (which would be tray 3).

As a result I purchased the additional paper tray from HP which sits under the printer and clips on. I was hoping that the printer would see this as an addition tray. Unfortunatly it dosnt! Instead it simply see's it as an extension of tray 2 which means that when tray 2 runs out of paper it automatically feeds from the additional tray.

I wondering if anyone knew whether it was possible to change the settings to get the printer to see 3 seperate trays rather than 2? I have had a look around the settings and RTFM but can't see anything obvious!

Thanks in advance to any help!

Thank Post
    Its ok guys sorted it!

Just in case anyone esle has the issue- here's the solution:

On your computer, click the Windows "Start" button and then choose "Settings" and then "Printers." You should see the print driver for the "HP Laserjet P2015 series PCL 6" (or 5E.) Let's assume that you are using the PCL 6 for this example. Right-click the icon for this printer and then left-click "properties." Click on the "Device Settings" tab. Under the listing "Installable Options", there should be an entry for "Tray 3: Not Installed." Click on "Not Installed" and change it to "Installed" Now, under "Form To Tray Assignment", set Tray 3 to the type of paper that will be used (ex: letter.) Configure any other options, such as duplexing, as needed and then click the "OK" button.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread