+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Dell or HP in Technical; What do people prefer on hardware, Dell or HP? never used Dell so dont know what they are like in ...

Thank Post

Dell or HP

What do people prefer on hardware, Dell or HP? never used Dell so dont know what they are like in terms of the machines and the warranty support.

Thanks

Thank Post
    HP for me every time, the helpdesk is pretty good for warranty repairs, also consider looking at Fujitsu their kit is decent for both servers and desktop / laptops, and if you get the 3yr warranty the support is next business day.

d

Thank Post
    HP all the way, gone from HP to Dell hate it!!! support is awful, and things break all the time...

Thank Post
    Why on earth did you go from HP to "Hell" you trying to cut costs, create more work and lower your service level?

Thank Post
    Really?, we're found that our 3-year support package, for desktop PCs at any rate, is pretty good IMO. Next day on site replacement for any hardware faults and UK based called centres for business/educational customers. That and the pricing is still on average 100-200 cheaper per unit than HP. Can't ever imaging being tempted to pay the extra for HP to be honest.

Admittedly Dells educational account managers seem to be a bit patcy and have a habit of not responding very quickly to your calls when you do have a larger fault/issue than the helpdesk can deal with. Since we've started going through other resellers, rather than Dell direct, the service has been a lot better.

Thank Post
    HP all the way - server and most desktops (we have cutom builds here)

We are toying with the idea of having Dell for laptops as they seem to be cheaper than HP but you get what you pay for IMO

STariq

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Hp servers, sans switches tape autoloaders anything "back end" then desktops from stone and monitors from whoever has cheapest 19" monitors

Thank Post
    HP for Servers, although our last 2 were Dell's.

Dell Optiplex for Desktops, as previously mentioned UK call centre 99% of faults have been resolved Next Working Day, and we get 5 year warranties as well.

Thank Post
    HP everytime for me .. DELL just seem to awkward in a Business Setting unless you have identical setups for each machine ..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MYK-IT View Post
    .... and we get 5 year warranties as well.
    Do you have to specifically ask for the 5 year warranty as I've never seen the option of it for desktops on Dell's website? How much extra is the cost compared to 3 year warranty per PC if you don't mind me asking?

Thank Post
    Personally HP, we use all Dell desktop and server hardware, support is good but HP quality is a little better I think. Never called HP for server support.

Thank Post
    Not usually listed online, sometimes shown as an option on the Dell Premier Best Price Schools website (have to ask your Dell Accounts Manager to create an account for you), so you usually have to stipulate 5 years from your Dell Manager / Reseller when obtaining quotations.

You're looking at approx 30 extra per computer to upgrade from 3 to 5 years, well worth the investment as there is no way we can upgrade ICT Suites every 3 years!

Thank Post
    I use dell servers at the moment and hp switches. As far as dell is concerned so long as you are within warranty I have not had a problem but as soon as I was out of warranty they didn't want to know me unless I took out a further warranty contract. As for the hp 4100 switches I use they have a life time swap out warranty and I have been so impressed with them and the warranty that this is the second job I have used the hp switches in. Also usually tend to stick with hp for printers unless cost is a real issue and need to find a very cheap alternative.

Thank Post
    Dell here, as long as you get premium support its mainly UK based and absolutely fantastic and the enterprise range PC/Laptops/Servers that we buy are fantastic. Yes if you venture into some of their 'value' range stuff it can be a case of get what you pay for.
    I know everyones experience varies, but we found HP support pretty poor if you have to speak to anyone, the web based support is ok though.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,653 Times in 2,253 Posts
    Blog Entries
    HP for servers and desktops, I have had a bad run with Dells, they can't all be as bad as the ones that I have ended up dealing with.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast