+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, sanyo plc se20a help!!!! in Technical; i have a sanyo plc-se20a projector. went to switch it on this evening and it would power up, then about ...

Thank Post

sanyo plc se20a help!!!!

i have a sanyo plc-se20a projector. went to switch it on this evening and it would power up, then about 5 seconds later would power off (fans go loud for about 1 min then switches off) i have looked at various forums and the suggest problem is the heat (thermal) switch needs switching. the problem is i have no idea how to get to it, i have taken the case off to try and find the switch but no luck. but now the projector is not even powering up! the light isnt even comin on. any help would be much appreciated

Thank Post
    Just had a Sanyo sent away for a similar problem (under warranty) and they eventually replied that it was a bulb fault (new bulb reqd) and not coveredby warranty so we are left with a 200+ bill to foot. Not ever be buying Sanyo again, its spent more time awaiting repair/exchange than installed! Less than a year old. Sticking to Epson where ceiling mounted anf Hitachi for short thow from now on. Iknow that does not help solve your problem but just letting you know others have had similar problems.

Thank Post
    Hello
    I know this was 3 years ago but do you remember if you ever got this sorted out? the reason I ask is that I have a customer that has bought one of these projectors in to us and it is doing the exact same thing and I'm fairly sure it's not the lamp (although that has gone off to be tested as only 2 months old), I have put the old bulb back in to try as well, as I don't believe that to have gone either as it was replaced due to the lamp light coming on and not the fact that it had blown, and the same thing just happens which makes me believe that this is a fault on the projector and I keep reading about a thermal switch ... But i cannot for the life of me see one, will I have to delve deeper in to the projector (i.e take off the top board!) to find it?!
    Thank you for anyone who replies!!

Kind Regards

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread