+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Samsung ML-2010R printer, Fuser Unit, Lamp thingy? in Technical; OK, the subject shows what I'm currently playing with. It's stopped working, and both the red and yellow LEDs flash ...
    Thank Post

Samsung ML-2010R printer, Fuser Unit, Lamp thingy?

OK, the subject shows what I'm currently playing with.

It's stopped working, and both the red and yellow LEDs flash together which, according to the manual, means that, "Your system has some problems". No $#!+, Samsung. Fortunately, the user is one of my better ones, and they took some screen prints of the error message they got, which point the finger at the fuser unit.

Further internet research (and I'm sorry, but this includes some from home, as the most useful looking sites are barred by the council) has revealed that the usual cause is a blown lamp(?) in the fuser unit, which is evidently dead easy to replace.

I've dismantled the printer, and removed something from the front of the fuser unit, but it doesn't look like a lamp. It's cylindrical. The black plastic bit is 14mm in diameter, 8mm high. On top of this is a shiny metal cap, 16mm in diameter and 4mm high. The top of this has the following markings: PW-3N 2258 N150. It also has two of those "Lucar" type spade connectors. These are marked "30". The size of the connecting wires makes me suspect that this could easily mean 30 amps. I suppose that there could be a lamp inside it, which makes the metal cap get hot.

So, have any of you been here before me? Is this odd component the fuser unit lamp/heater/whatever?

Thank Post
    Sorted.

Swapped "thingies" with an ML-1610 with a mechanical fault, and worked AOK. So, I've just saved the school and the good citizens of Bristol the cost of a new printer. A good day.
    Last edited by stephenleak; 25th May 2010 at 01:25 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread