+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, cant figure this one out! - Cant access USB drive . . . in Technical; Hi, I've just been wrestling with a very similar problem, and finally solved it, so here's my two-penn'orth . . ...

Thank Post
    Hi,
    I've just been wrestling with a very similar problem, and finally solved it, so here's my two-penn'orth . . .
    My USB key had been running TOTALLOCK fine for months on both my PC and laptop. But is stopped on my laptop, with the message about "You are not privileged user on this systems . . .". But I am a domain admin with Admin rights on the laptop. After trying everything suggested, I started looking at mount points (MOUNTVOL.EXE) - on the PC, mount points for E: and F: appeared & disappeared depending on whether the key was in or not; but on the laptop it only added/removed E:. So then I looked at My Computer/Manage/Disk Management on the laptop - I saw that there was a TotalLock partition with E: and another removable-media partition without a drive letter. I assigned it F: and everything started working OK. On to the next support problem . . .

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jolly View Post
    Don't know if this is still a problem for anyone but I copied the TotalLock.exe to a shared drive with permissions to read and execute for teaching and non-teaching staff, works a treat. The problem with these drives is that they attempt to copy the total lock exe to the C:\ drive, in your user profile temp folders which sets all sorts of alarm bells ringing.

Rick.
    Had major probs to. Have tried this workaround and so far the TotalLock exe runs every time!! Progress at last!
    Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12