+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Toners in Technical; Hi, I am just wondering where you guys buy your toners? Do you buy originals or compatibles? What is the ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Toners

Hi,

I am just wondering where you guys buy your toners? Do you buy originals or compatibles? What is the service like? What are the prices like? For what printers?

Thanks.

PS: Suppliers, please do not use this as an opportunity to sell something to me or anyone else who may make a post. Thanks
    Last edited by FN-GM; 19th May 2010 at 10:05 AM.

Thank Post
    we mainly use comcen, company from south wales, Welcome to Comcen very competative prices and an excelet returns policy, had a few toners that had leaked, they just took them back and gave us new ones, they can prety much get anything you want, we have a mix of hp, brother and epson printers, we get a mix of originals and compatibles toners and inks, no P&P aswell which is a bonus

Thank Post
    All HP little USB desk printers are bought from a local supplier (and teachers have to phone straight to finance to order them, no longer anything to do with us, yaaay)

95% of our other toners come through our lease supplier, the printers report back to them when the toner is low and they send some to us without us ever knowing the toner was low, same for waste containers, replacement drums etc. Much prefer having printers on a lease opposed to buying them, works out cheaper in the long run and a lot less hassle

Thank Post
    AMC Computer Supplies - Free next day delivery.

AMC Computer Supplies Limited

Thank Post
    We use genuine toners as per our support contract!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 729 Posts
    XMA:

Longbow compatibles with guarantees that if they break your printer they will cover the cost of cleaning and/or replacing.

Thank Post
    We get all our genuine toners and ink from QC Supplies (UK) - Buy office supplies and computer consumables online , prices seem to be very good with them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    I get my toners either from a local firm in the next village on or from Vicki on here (tcsltd) - Thomas Computer Supplies they are great

In terms of what I get, I get compat toners and genuine inks

Thank Post
    We currently get our from :: BIST.co.uk - Business IT Support Team :: (Kelly is on Edugeek somewhere [as BIST iirc...])
    Very good suppliers and very quick to get quotes for you and always on hand if there are any problems...

Thank Post
    I use a few company's - originals only - one of my Favs is www.spectrumltd.co.uk (not a great website) always next day delivery upto 4pm, really good service . details below, very good prices.

Adrianne Conley: Direct Line: 01274 767770 Fax No: 01274 739171
    Senior Account Manager

i also use probrand as well
    Last edited by mtdmitchell; 19th May 2010 at 08:47 PM.

Thank Post
    We get mainly reman toners from our Cartridge World franchise. We worked closely with them to develop the process and quality. We don't have more than a couple of inkjets left so it's mainly toner.

We are currently moving all our printers (25 ish) to leased multifunction devices (Xerox) and leased printers. A local company is leasing us the printers on a per print basis using Kyocera kit - 12 month contract, small deposit then just a price per page. All toners and servicing included. I've moved 6 of them to this scheme soon and the others will follow in the next 3 to 6 months. The printers are outstanding, very high quality and it means we'll only have 1 type of printer across the site and virtually no maintenance.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydogmitchell View Post
    I use a few company's - originals only - one of my Favs is www.spectrumltd.co.uk (not a great website) always next day delivery upto 4pm, really good service . details below, very good prices.

Adrianne Conley: Direct Line: 01274 767770 Fax No: 01274 739171
    Senior Account Manager

i also use probrand as well
    We have used Spectrum in the past to try them out and found them useless. We won't be using them. Thanks anway

Thanks to the other people for your suggestions

Thank Post
    We use Inkjets & Toners. Their prices are pretty good although they are somewhat inclined to keep phoning you up.

Thank Post
    Just as a side note ( obviously depending on how old the printers / copiers are ) the official inks / toners are covered by warrantys / guarentees that said companies have where as compatable ones might do damage or ruin the machine in some way shape or form and if used the said printer / copier manufacturer will void the warranty / cover

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Just as a side note ( obviously depending on how old the printers / copiers are ) the official inks / toners are covered by warrantys / guarentees that said companies have where as compatable ones might do damage or ruin the machine in some way shape or form and if used the said printer / copier manufacturer will void the warranty / cover
    Had to read that a couple of times - are you saying third party toners void warrantys? This definitely isn't the case with HP if you read the small print after they got kicked around by the EU -

# For HP printer products, the use of a non-HP ink cartridge or a refilled ink cartridge does not affect either the warranty to the customer or any HP support contract with the customer. However, if printer failure or damage is attributable to the use of a non-HP or refilled ink cartridge, HP will charge its standard time and materials charges to service the printer for the particular failure or damage.
    I assume other OEMs have had to similarly modify their wording.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast