+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Best budget laptops? in Technical; Hi, I hope someone can help me choose a laptop as I am drowning with all the options. I have ...

Thank Post

Best budget laptops?

Hi, I hope someone can help me choose a laptop as I am drowning with all the options. I have a very limited budget and have been looking around the 400GBP area, but refurbished models in order to get a better machine for my money. I will use the laptop for working at home occassionally. This involves use of audio and video editing programs (just doing simple edits and playback), and I tend to have/like several programs open at one. I've been told that Toshiba and HP are the best in terms of keyboards and material and so on - what do others think?

In terms of specs I'm looking for 3GB+ of ram, 250+GB (pref 320), a decent enough webcam, DVD rewriter, good wireless, Windows 7, about a 15.6 screen. I would like one that could hook into the TV too. My past two laptops have also had issues with the fan and overheating so I'd like computers with decent cooling systems too.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    I'd avoid HP laptops, they had issued with graphics failing due to heat issues a while back. I personally favour Dell laptops, and would take one over a Toshiba.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wookiethecat View Post
    Hi, I hope someone can help me choose a laptop as I am drowning with all the options. I have a very limited budget and have been looking around the 400GBP area, but refurbished models in order to get a better machine for my money. I will use the laptop for working at home occassionally. This involves use of audio and video editing programs (just doing simple edits and playback), and I tend to have/like several programs open at one. I've been told that Toshiba and HP are the best in terms of keyboards and material and so on - what do others think?

In terms of specs I'm looking for 3GB+ of ram, 250+GB (pref 320), a decent enough webcam, DVD rewriter, good wireless, Windows 7, about a 15.6 screen. I would like one that could hook into the TV too. My past two laptops have also had issues with the fan and overheating so I'd like computers with decent cooling systems too.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    Hiya Wookiethecat,

We have many superb educational laptop deals on offer at the minute, if you would like to drop me a email I can put together a few options for you straight away,

joe@c-p-ltd.com
    Last edited by Dos_Box; 14th June 2012 at 11:57 AM.

Thank Post
    Ive bought a few acer laptops recently, have got to say, i do love them, very well designed, and great spec for the money, will easily meet your spec for £400.

As for dell ive never really used them, although a few staff have the little 10" netbook type things, and they are lovely, but i know theres a lot of people on there that dont rate dell machines at all!!

Acer Aspire 5732Z Value Laptop - Laptops at Ebuyer

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread