+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Epson EMP S4 connection problem with RM NBook 200 URGENT in Technical; Now this is very frustrating and i need to get this solved. I have had this problem for a while ...
    Thank Post

Exclamation Epson EMP S4 connection problem with RM NBook 200 URGENT

Now this is very frustrating and i need to get this solved. I have had this problem for a while now and i'm on a time limit to get this sorted but i cant seem to fix it. A teacher is using his RM NBook 200 and he uses this with the Epson EMP S4 projector and a smartboard.
    What happens is, i connect his laptop up correctly for the projector to display his laptop screen onto the smartboard. However, all it does is stay on a blue screen saying NOT SUPPORTED with numbers at the bottom. Now i have done my research and read the Epson EMP S4 user guide and it shows that this problem is due to resolution and frequency. Now, here's where i get stuck. I have gone through every resolution there is on his laptop, i have even changed the frequency (refresh rate) of the screen from 60 to 70, 75, 80, 100.... etc and yes the screen flickers sometimes but still no image and i notice the numbers have changed at the bottom to where it says it's not supported.

I have reinstalled chip set drivers, graphic drivers for the laptop, i have even tested another laptop, same model and it WORKED! so i know it is the laptop which is causing the problem. I compared the working laptop with the problem laptop and all information is the same. Same versions of drivers and resolution.

It's just crazy to think i have gone through reinstalling drivers, changing resolutions and frequency's as told and still get no where.

Now this all occured after i put in a NEW Lamp however i do not believe that's caused this problem, i was told by a member of staff this was happening before i arrived with the lamp.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Thank Post
    Have you tried the laptop on another display, sounds like the VGA port on the laptop could of failed. Have you tried plugging it directly into the back of the projector. So you can take the faceplate and VGA loom out the equation?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Educare_AV View Post
    Have you tried the laptop on another display, sounds like the VGA port on the laptop could of failed. Have you tried plugging it directly into the back of the projector. So you can take the faceplate and VGA loom out the equation?
    I have not tried another display on that VGA port so i could try that and see if it's faulty. I haven't tried connecting the laptop straight to the back of the projector, so when i get some time i will do this. Very difficult during busy times of school, especialy when kids stay after school to do extra work because their so far behind!!!

I will get back to you with my progress. Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi there - I have the same problem :-( I have tried multiple VGA cables and laptops; I have even tried resetting the projector to defaults - keeps saying NOT SUPPORTED...

Although if I plug in a video player into the composite video port it woks fine...!

Did you find a resoution to this?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by towen View Post
    Hi there - I have the same problem :-( I have tried multiple VGA cables and laptops; I have even tried resetting the projector to defaults - keeps saying NOT SUPPORTED...

Although if I plug in a video player into the composite video port it woks fine...!

Did you find a resoution to this?
    Unfortunetly not. This schools too busy to do anything around school time, i will try and do what i need to do today after school finishes and let you all know my progress. Going to try and connect the laptop straight to the projector and not through the box on the wall. If nothing else works then i will have to rebuild the laptop with a saved image, if there is one...

Thank Post
    This has been solved. The problem was due to a faulty motherboard. A loose screw was found and it must of shorted something. We had RM come in and change it with a new one.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread