+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Mimio Interactive in Technical; Has anyone got a Mimio interactive? I saw them at BETT and really liked them, then following a demo to ...
    Thank Post

Mimio Interactive

Has anyone got a Mimio interactive? I saw them at BETT and really liked them, then following a demo to some colleagues last week, we're on the verge of submitting a bid for one.

I've just had a look at the "preferred supplier" list on Mimio's web site, and hardly any of them actually mention the things on their sites, and only a handful companies come back from a Google Shopping search, one of whom doesn't actually sell them.

I'm now starting to worry that I'm about to make an unfortunate and expensive mistake. Can anyone recommend these products to me, or dissuade me from buying one? Does anyone actually sell them anyway?!

Thank Post
    Possibly having a dappy moment, I've found loads of stuff about them now! I'd still be interested to hear from anyone who uses them, though...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,642 Times in 2,046 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I found one in a box when I was sorting through our old stock a while back. I am yet to open the box and look at the thing though. If I find it works, I may put an ad on here to sell it. No need for it to be sat in a cupboard!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,322 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We use them here and they are fine, they are not multipoint but the teachers seem to like them fine. The software is nice and up to date along with being properly packaged as an MSI. Works fine with 32 and 64 bit Windows 7 out of the box under limited user accounts too, just need to plug in a Mimio to register the software.

As they are portable you have some interesting options with them as well like using them on a table or without a projector and special whiteboard pen surrounds to take notes of whatever is written to be downloaded later to a computer or even pushed wirelessly to one.

5. Thanks to SYNACK from:

enjay (13th May 2010)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread