+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Which 5.1 Headphones? in Technical; It's my birthday soon and as I get older it gets harder for my nearest and deares to choose pressies ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries

Which 5.1 Headphones?

It's my birthday soon and as I get older it gets harder for my nearest and deares to choose pressies for me, but after a weekend in London with Ric, Shaun and Mike (Domino) it was hot upon that as I like films so much but don't have a 5.1 setup at home I should possibly get some for my pressie. This is a good idea. I could watch my blu-ray movies with the kids in bed with teh sound they were supposed to have. The only question now is which headphones. If any of you have some (preferabley wireless) and can recommend them then anything up to and around 150-170 will be considered. Also, what connections do they have? Is it one cable per output i.e. f\l, f\r, centre, r\l and r\r?

Thank Post
    I did have a pair of 5.1 Medusa Speedlink headphones years ago, but replaced them with a pair of Sennheiser HD595 headphones. I much prefer the sennheisers (cost me around 100 a couple of years ago) even though they're only stereo headphones. Only problem is they're "open" so you can hear sound from them in the rest of the room.

I also have a pair of Sennheiser PXC350 noise cancelling headphones which are great for airplanes/trains or for watching movies/tv programmes in bed without the other half being able to hear

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post
    I did have a pair of 5.1 Medusa Speedlink headphones years ago
    You know I had a pair of them, still do but the in-line controller has broke stupid things They are really good sound though so you should consider them. They had there own amp for them and they took 3x 3.5mm jack inputs

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Good call. I'm going to go with this option:

SPEEDLINK / Products / PC Accessories / Headphones & Microphones / Headsets / Medusa NX 5.1 Gaming Headset

They seem to have amazing reviews.

Thank Post
    I've had a set of those for about 4 years now and they are brilliant. When gaming they gave an excellent sense of sound direction and surround sound in films and music is superb. Mine also came in a high quality silk lined box too but I think they have stopped doing that now.

I've ordered some Sennheiser CX 550 for my ipod which have good reviews. A bit pricey but wife is paying [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX-550-Style-II/dp/B001EZYLUK/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1270105542&s r=8-21]Sennheiser CX 550 Style II - Premium Metal-crafted: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Good call. I'm going to go with this option:

SPEEDLINK / Products / PC Accessories / Headphones & Microphones / Headsets / Medusa NX 5.1 Gaming Headset

They seem to have amazing reviews.
    ooooh there a new revised pair as I've go the older ones with a silk lined box. Hmmmm I'm thinking I may have to spend money.....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well, they arrived today, and I'm having a play now with LOTR The Return of the King. WOW is all I can say! Amazing sound.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread