+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Wireless Projectors in Technical; Ok guys, my boss has asked me to find some wireless projectors Last time we brought wireless projectors we had ...
    Thank Post

Wireless Projectors

Ok guys, my boss has asked me to find some wireless projectors

Last time we brought wireless projectors we had a lot of problems and still do

New ones will replace older/broken projectors

With our current wireless projectors you have to connect the laptop to the projector wirless and get the connection through the software. The real big pain in this is they lose their internet connection has their not connected to the school network anymore

Whats the way around this, we dont want the same problem with the new ones plus if possible sort out the problem out with the older wireless porjectors if possible. (Ethernet cable connected to the laptop is a no go, would be pointness for a wireless projector then, has we still need to connect a cable)

Thank Post
    I've never seen many perfect wireless projector setups hence we I would never both unless it was a real issue. Using wireless network is a non-starter for this unless you have something very reliable this does look a good alternative when it more widely available.

Wireless Display - Intel

This does look very good and the demos I've seen look great but requires the chipset in your laptop ... also not sure how many can be located in close proximity.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobFuller View Post
    I've never seen many perfect wireless projector setups hence we I would never both unless it was a real issue. Using wireless network is a non-starter for this unless you have something very reliable this does look a good alternative when it more widely available.

Wireless Display - Intel

This does look very good and the demos I've seen look great but requires the chipset in your laptop ... also not sure how many can be located in close proximity.
    Would love to see that intel technology take off, rules out all the cabling, projects etc, really nice, i didnt see a price on that website, any ideas what these are costing? and as you said, not many you can have and how close before you start to get problems is the age old wireless problem

Thank Post
    I've only seen pricing in $ so far at bestbuy.com

Thank Post
    Seems to be a good idea, you can get wireless usb sticks, doesnt have to be internal, so normal wifi for internet and network connection. And wusb card for the video connection... So need to find something that plugs into the projector end that make the vga to wireless usb

Any one seen any thing products that does this?

Also we have a new plasma in out new reciption in our school. We use a netbook for each plasma and use netshow and a powerpoint file to update the screens. Problem with this is that there are no main plugs. So we cant use anything video extenders or anything that would take power. We do have a ethernet connection we can use that plugs into our switch of course. We arent allowed to have any wiring visable or any trucking. Any ideas with this one guys?

Problem with vga extenders is you need the ethernet cable to connect to the other vga extender (Could use power over ethernet for power), so thats wires, so thats no good. Cant using a wusb or wirless vga extender because that will require mains power. We will need to put the netbook under the reception desk, about 5 meters away.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If you're replacing existing projectors, won't there be cabling there already? would seem pointless to waste current infrastructure by not using it when it would cost more to buy a wireless projector...

As for the wall issue, what is made out of? and what is behind the wall?

Thank Post
    Not sure about the wireless function of these (we are using the wired 2000 lumen model), but they are very good so far (we've only had one for ~2 months) as a drop in replacement for Sanyo and Misubishi projectors.
    Green Slim Projectors - Projectors - Products - Casio

They are LED/Laser projectors, so they should last a lot longer than the traditional halide bulb type ones...

Thank Post
    I dont know about wireless projectors but have been using the TRUlink wireless USB to VGA adapter kit. They have been working great. Only problem I had was finding a media player that would allow teachers to play DVD's from their PC's! Windows media and Power DVD would not work. Found Media Player Classic that has resolved the issues.

Thank Post
    What you mean not playong dvds? like it has low fps (frames per second) in otherwords, it runs slower than the video

Thank Post
    No! Just would not play, Windows media would lock up my laptops everytime I tried to play video through the wireless video feed. Using Media Player classic resolved that issue though!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread