+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, K5400 Leaking Ink in Technical; Morning All, I have a HP K5400 colour printer which the head uses, this is her second one as the ...
    Thank Post

K5400 Leaking Ink

Morning All,

I have a HP K5400 colour printer which the head uses, this is her second one as the first leaked ink from the printhead area and it went everywhere. We replaced the heads as we thought that was the problem but this didn't work. In the end we just replaced the printer.

We have another one in school with no problems but the heads new (around 7 months old) one has now started to leak again in the same area.

Just wondered if anyone had any previous issues like this or if anyone knows what could be causing it?

thanks for any help

Thank Post
    I've had many issues with K5400, including ink issues and also printing being mirrored and even though the option is turned OFF its still mirrors, I've had paper jams, broken rollers, heads not recognised, carts not recognised, I cringe when I see a new one to be installed!!

D

Thank Post
    ok makes me feel better that i'm not the only one who doesn't like them...although when they work they are pretty good. Just seems like there is always something wrong with them.

Thank Post
    We have a couple of the K5400's and had the mirror print issue, if you have not fixed it, it was a MS update that caused it, just set a new profile in the printer options with mirror off and then in the printer properties select the Set Printer Defaults button, job done! although it took me all one morning to find out what to do
    Another problem with the K5400 I've found is with the extra paper tray it can sit on so it can do duplex etc. The clip on module at the back that allows the paper to be fed from the bottom tray has a couple of contacts on it that seem to just loose contact and just stop printing, wiping them and pushing it back in seems to do the trick.
    Seem to have had more than its fair share of paper getting snagged inside of late though don't know if thats operator error or not as yet!

Thank Post
    Yep - two of my K5400s leaked ink - replaced head the 1st time but never got it back into a good state despite lots of attention - when the 2nd one did it I just threw it straight away and didn't waste any time on it.

Still got 5 others that are still chundling along though.

HP Business inkjets are no longer on my list of good things in life

I don't have time for things that just don't work like they should any more

Bought 2 brother HL4040s recently - never been called to even look at them - printer queues have not jammed - printer has not needed swtiching on and off - no-one has complained about anything! - thats what I want

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danrhodes View Post
    I've had many issues with K5400, including ink issues and also printing being mirrored and even though the option is turned OFF its still mirrors, I've had paper jams, broken rollers, heads not recognised, carts not recognised, I cringe when I see a new one to be installed!!

D
    exactly the same problems here, bought so many printheads for these printers, cant wait to bin them

Thank Post
    Thanks alot for all your help at least i can get back to my manager and basically say there rubbish which is what i have told him anyway.

I can at least show him that other people are having issues with this printer model.

Thanks all

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EvLPhenom View Post
    Thanks alot for all your help at least i can get back to my manager and basically say there rubbish which is what i have told him anyway.

I can at least show him that other people are having issues with this printer model.

Thanks all
    You'll do anything to get out of fixing it!!! Now pick up the toothbrush and get cleaning

Thank Post

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread