+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Colour cartridge life... in Technical; I have noticed that our colour lasers get through far more yellow toner than any other colour...is this something that ...

Thank Post

Colour cartridge life...

I have noticed that our colour lasers get through far more yellow toner than any other colour...is this something that you guys have noticed?

Any ideas why this should be?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,653 Times in 2,253 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Do you have yellow buildings, no seriously we get through shed loads of blue sorry cyan tonner because the buildings, the uniforms, the sky and the logo are blue. Our lot print a lot of photos and a fair amount of the logo hence our insane consumption of blue ink and tonner.

Perhaps your school also has a colour scheme that could be blamed for the annomoly?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,597 Posts
    We get through magenta a high rate of knots... largely due to red school uniform!

Thank Post
    Same here our school colour is claret.. Magenta goes rapidly!!!

Thank Post
    We seem to use alot more cyan than any other (then again, the main school colour is blue and nearly all uniforms are blue (20% are purple, which uses blue). Photos are the killer unfortunately. I tend nowadays to set our printers to ecomode unless there are either complaints, quality is too bad or they genuinelly need to print proper photos.

It used to annoy me alot when we wouldn't get much cartridge life from our HP 2600n printers until I realised you can override the "recommended" replacement message and print sometimes for several 100 pages more (just replaced a black yesterday which did an extra 700 pages when the pages remaining was at 0).

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,597 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgsmith View Post
    ...until I realised you can override the "recommended" replacement message and print sometimes for several 100 pages more (just replaced a black yesterday which did an extra 700 pages when the pages remaining was at 0).
    I've been doing this for years. Printer cartiridges are only replaced when the print quality is so lousy that you have to do them.

7. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

lionsl2005 (4th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dgsmith View Post
    We seem to use alot more cyan than any other (then again, the main school colour is blue and nearly all uniforms are blue (20% are purple, which uses blue). Photos are the killer unfortunately. I tend nowadays to set our printers to ecomode unless there are either complaints, quality is too bad or they genuinelly need to print proper photos.

It used to annoy me alot when we wouldn't get much cartridge life from our HP 2600n printers until I realised you can override the "recommended" replacement message and print sometimes for several 100 pages more (just replaced a black yesterday which did an extra 700 pages when the pages remaining was at 0).
    How do you do it?

We go through allot of Black on the colour lasers.

Thank Post
    Cartridge Out Override can only be enabled from the printerís control panel menu.
    1. From the main menu, press (RIGHT ARROW) to System setup and press (SELECT).
    2. Press (RIGHT ARROW) to Print quality and press (SELECT).
    3. Press (RIGHT ARROW) to Replace supplies and press (SELECT).
    4. Press (RIGHT ARROW) to Override out and press (SELECT).
    5. Press (SELECT).
    Quick google search. Only thing to be aware of is that you'll have to periodically check that the quality is still ok (as you are telling the printer to just keep going regardless). It shouldn't do any damage to it at all and the drums are designed to do much more than the quoted 2500/2000 pages. If you want even more mileage when the quality starts to go bad, just take the cartridge out and rock it side to side a bit to redistribute the toner (don't shake or turn it over, as the waste toner may mix with the good toner and cause you problems).

Been doing this for a month or two now (we have quite a few of these printers) and I can say the least extra we have got is 200 pages (if historical coverage is high, you're not going to get much more). Black tends to yield more life funnily enough than the colours do when in override, in my experience.

Now, does someone know if you can do this on the colours for the CLJ5550?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    We get through shedloads of magenta due to the maroon uniforms.
    I have done the override thing on the HP2600n and now I need to find out if I can do it on the HP2025s as well!

*edit. Can't find any info on cartridge override for the HP2025n -anyone know if you can do it?
    Last edited by witch; 4th March 2010 at 08:48 AM.

Thank Post
    Does any one know how to do it on CLJ3505n?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread