+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Hardware Thread, Here comes USB 3.0 in Technical; Belkin to launch PCIe and ExpressCard adaptors: Belkin preps SuperSpeed USB 3.0 adaptors ? Register Hardware Now all we need ...
  1. #1

    Dos_Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    9,014
    Thank Post
    614
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    632

    Here comes USB 3.0

    Belkin to launch PCIe and ExpressCard adaptors:

    Belkin preps SuperSpeed USB 3.0 adaptors ? Register Hardware

    Now all we need is SANs and media players that have the standard, and I shall be queuing up!

  2. Thanks to Dos_Box from:

    CPLTD (24th February 2010)

  3. #2

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,812
    Thank Post
    3,330
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Rep Power
    365

    Light Peak by Intel ( I think )

    Im looking forward to light peak

    Light Peak Technology

    Think there is a good video on youtube but am not allowed on youtube here so cant post the url for it.

  4. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

    apaton (25th February 2010)

  5. #3
    Jamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,354
    Thank Post
    66
    Thanked 175 Times in 147 Posts
    Rep Power
    60
    First I've heard of lightpeak sounds like it could be promising if the cables arent super breakable!

  6. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    144
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Im looking forward to light peak

    Light Peak Technology

    Think there is a good video on youtube but am not allowed on youtube here so cant post the url for it.
    Wow, but it's nice to see companies developing optical even further (away from audio and core ethernet layer 2 data) and making it multi-functional.

    I reckon USB will come to it's knees at version 3 and won't see version 4 if this light peak can take off.

    All good to see IT is still developing fast. Now can someone please develop pumping 100Mb/sec down a 56kbps dial-up line?

  7. #5

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,812
    Thank Post
    3,330
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Rep Power
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunster View Post
    Wow, but it's nice to see companies developing optical even further (away from audio and core ethernet layer 2 data) and making it multi-functional.

    I reckon USB will come to it's knees at version 3 and won't see version 4 if this light peak can take off.

    All good to see IT is still developing fast. Now can someone please develop pumping 100Mb/sec down a 56kbps dial-up line?
    not sure about 100mb/sec but isnt that called ADSL / ADSL 2+ ???

    Also if they can do networking over power lines similiar to the mains adaptor things you can get as per below

    AV 200 Starter Kit - Networking Over The Mains : USB Gadgets : Maplin

    surely they could do networking over house hold mains ???

  8. #6

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,812
    Thank Post
    3,330
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Rep Power
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
    First I've heard of lightpeak sounds like it could be promising if the cables arent super breakable!
    give them something to work on lol

  9. #7
    Jamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,354
    Thank Post
    66
    Thanked 175 Times in 147 Posts
    Rep Power
    60
    What would be awesome if it was USB compatible but optical!!!!!

    I SERIOUSLY despise having 10 different types of port on my PC.

  10. #8

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,812
    Thank Post
    3,330
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Rep Power
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
    What would be awesome if it was USB compatible but optical!!!!!

    I SERIOUSLY despise having 10 different types of port on my PC.
    yeah makes 2 of us - would be very handy for phones ie iphone, htc etc for transferring over music / videos etc ( 10gb per sec ) hehe

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. USB issues
    By tbutcher in forum Windows
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 15th January 2010, 10:28 AM
  2. USB help :S
    By Haux in forum Windows
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27th September 2009, 05:31 PM
  3. USB 3.0
    By kearton in forum IT News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11th July 2009, 07:33 PM
  4. usb
    By shafia2009 in forum Windows
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15th March 2009, 10:27 PM
  5. USB Turntable
    By antoeknee in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2nd July 2008, 11:47 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •