+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, New Printer/scanner/copier?? in Technical; Hi guys, I have to price up a new printer/scanner/copier, im looking around but not finding what the company wants, ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

New Printer/scanner/copier??

Hi guys,
    I have to price up a new printer/scanner/copier, im looking around but not finding what the company wants, they want it to be cheap but not too cheap but they also want it to be cheap to run eg ink/toner. what the department will be using it for is copying documents, printing booklets and student photos. Do any of you guys have any ideas.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Not exactly cheap outright but when you come to toner costs/yeilds per toner replacement they are usually a bit better than a plain laser, so what about updating one of their photocopies to a model that covers those features?

3. Thanks to p858snake from:

Dukey (17th February 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    i would say photocopies, for black sheets you looking at most a couple of pence including the cost of the paper colour hits about 10p at most, but you can set it up to scan to email network printer and will do all your booklets etc.

we have a few of these dotted about, plus a few black and white ones which are cheaper http://www.ricoh-photocopiers.co.uk/...hotocopier.htm
    Last edited by glennda; 17th February 2010 at 10:13 AM.

5. Thanks to glennda from:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    they currently dont have one they are moving building and i need to kit it out with all new stuff so i just cant find anything.

thanks guys

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukey View Post
    they currently dont have one they are moving building and i need to kit it out with all new stuff so i just cant find anything.

thanks guys
    I know the printers that seem to be coming out from the likes of HP are more expensive to buy, plus the toner are going up in price alot with no gain in the yield. which for a school/business where budgets are tight are rubbish!

8. Thanks to glennda from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,981 Posts
    Blog Entries

thanks guys
    I'd say contact a few copier companies such as Annodata and see what they can come up with for you. Its difficult to suggest a device really, as they vary depending on volumes, sizes required etc...

10. Thanks to localzuk from:

Thank Post

multifunction lasers

Hi

Not sure what you need in terms of the volume / full spec for your booklets but if you check out the DCP9042CDN & DCP9045CDN on brother.co.uk if either of those would be suitable we are doing some great prices on them until the end of March - we have a big promotion running with Brother at the moment. They are laser/copier/scanner machines & from a running cost point of view I would definitely suggest laser not inkjet for larger volume printing. Let me know if you want me to quote.

Thanks

12. Thanks to Tcsltd from:

Thank Post
    i think you need to see HP printers. to my mind they are not so expencive and tehy are multi-purposed. i have teh one at home. i print photos, scan documents...everything you need. they have a wide range of prices, so you can find out something good
    I think it would be the best choice

Thank Post
    they want it to be cheap but not too cheap but they also want it to be cheap to run eg ink/toner. what the department will be using it for is copying documents, printing booklets and student photos.
    It sounds like you could do with a larger device - something that can print, fold and staple A3 paper in to A4 booklets. Get a copier/scanner/printer on a 3 or 5 year contract from a local hire firm - we use Sharp machines, we also had a look at Ricoh, but to be honest it's the contract with servicing and toner supply that you really want, the make of machine doesn't matter all that much. This kind of setup has a much lower running cost that a standard laser or inkjet printer, and there's no large initial outlay, just a yearly (or, most likly, monthly) cost, which accounts departments tend to quite like.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Tricky one this, a lot of people favour certain makes/models and I am no different.

You should consider where you will be in a few years time to see if leasing it makes it worth while.
    Also if you plan to change how you charge for prints or copies in the future you will want a machine that can work with the various solutions available.

In light of this i would suggest looking at:
    Ricoh or Sharp machines - they also seem very keen to promote the embedded environments they offer so you can tell they are planning for the future.

As for who to get it off, i would call around but i personally have had great help and support from these guys:
    annodata
    complete imaging
    1st office equipment
    Portrayal

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread