+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Hardware suppliers in Technical; We have been given a very competitive quote for some new PCs from a company called Millennium Computer Systems. I ...
    Thank Post

Hardware suppliers

We have been given a very competitive quote for some new PCs from a company called Millennium Computer Systems. I was wondering if any of the guys out there had ever done business with them? They are a new company to us, and I would like to canvas opinion on them before committing us to any purchase. Cheers Pat_k (Aldridge)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    if you checkout the recomended supplier section and the bad experiences section you may find some usefull info to help you with your purchasing

Recommended Suppliers

Bad Experiences

hope that helps

Thank Post
    Thanks Simon

Any other suggestions out there?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pat_k View Post
    We have been given a very competitive quote for some new PCs from a company called Millennium Computer Systems. I was wondering if any of the guys out there had ever done business with them? They are a new company to us, and I would like to canvas opinion on them before committing us to any purchase. Cheers Pat_k (Aldridge)
    Read these:

http://www.edugeek.net/forums/behind...r/543-mcs.html
    http://www.edugeek.net/forums/behind...ime-again.html

If it's the same people (I'd really check if I were you) then run a mile. This is of course only my and 90% of the professional UK IT communities opinion, you are free to deal with who you like.

Thank Post
    We've had good deals and support for the last 3 years from Millenium Business Systems, but I don't think they're the same as the ones in the link above, as they are the former IT support Centre, admittedly complained about as well.

We've had probably 150 systems, with 5 year warranties, and proven next day on site support.

Thank Post
    I have contacted a couple of references in the midlands who unsurprisingly gave reasonable feedback.
    It is, in fact Millennium Systems (education section). I just though I'd try here in case there were any horror stories. We've been offered an eval unit, so I may have a look, and decide based on that.
    Thanks for the pointers though, guys

Thank Post
    We've had PC's from them in small numbers with no issues. Cheap and decent specs with 5 year warranties.

I know other schools and other members on here who have purchased the PC's and IWB's in larger numbers and are delighted with the service they receive.

Its not the same company as the Toner sharks.

Thank Post

PC's

Quote Originally Posted by pat_k View Post
    Hi We use a company called Virtue Technologies, i think they are on here, non pushy and a great bunch, cant harm to contact them, no experience of millennium, but the last thing you want to do is part with so much cash and have endless problems, you do right in researching suppliers before you commit, PM me might get something free for my recommendation...lol

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Read these:

http://www.edugeek.net/forums/behind...r/543-mcs.html
    http://www.edugeek.net/forums/behind...ime-again.html

If it's the same people (I'd really check if I were you) then run a mile. This is of course only my and 90% of the professional UK IT communities opinion, you are free to deal with who you like.
    Fantastic! I take it there is no chance of you securing a sponsorship deal with them anytime soon then

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm just waiting for the phone call offering me a Jesus toner cart!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 959 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've also had a very competitive quote from them recently, and the 5 year on-site warranty is a great deal-sweetener.

Likewise, though, hadn't heard of them until I started this job and started getting emails in bounced from the old NetManager's account, so if anyone can share anything, I'd appreciate it very much... I'm confident they're not related to MCS though, thankfully

Thank Post
    They have been very open with us, including submitting financial records for the last three years, at our request, so we can be fairly sure they aren't a fly by night operation. I'm waiting to check out the eval unit, before making an initial purchse of about 10 base units. Depending on how these work out, we will look at using them again.

13. Thanks to pat_k from:

sonofsanta (15th February 2010)

Thank Post
    Did you buy from them? I get numerous emails from them and am considering using them.

Thank Post
    Yes, we bought 20 units eventually. Base units only. They have proven to be reliable machines, so far. One hardware fault within a week of deployment. Called support at 1:00pm and had an engineer with the replacement part on site at 9:00 the next day.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread