+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Mitsubishi SL6SU projector yellow blob in Technical; I have two Mitsubishi SL6SU projectors which are showing yellow discolouration on the screen. It is like a yellow circle ...

Thank Post

Mitsubishi SL6SU projector yellow blob

I have two Mitsubishi SL6SU projectors which are showing yellow discolouration on the screen. It is like a yellow circle blob on the centre of the screen, and does not cover the whole screen so it is not the cables.

I have tried cleaning one and fitted a new bulb, but this made no difference. I have been looking for more info, but could only find two on EBay which sound like they have the same problem.

I also have other projectors of the same type and age which are perfectly fine. Does anyone know what has caused this or if it is possible to repair this/fix this problem, or is it time to replace these projectors?

Thank Post
    Sounds like some of the filters inside the projector have got burnt, normally happens if the units aren't serviced regularly and they overheat. We had a stack of Sahara projectors go this way at a previous school. It pays to service your projectors regularly

3. Thanks to maniac from:

CommodoreS (27th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 753 Posts
    It is called prism burn and the only thing is to have the prism unit replaced as I fear a deep clean will not cure the issue.

best bet is new projector as the cost of a new prism unit is nearly the cost of a new projector.

Why not replace them with one of the new Casio laser projectors and get 5 years warranty.
    Last edited by bossman; 28th January 2010 at 12:05 AM.

5. Thanks to bossman from:

CommodoreS (27th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanks for the info.

I have only just started working at the school and the old tech never cleaned the filters (or seemed to have done much else). The filters were caked in dust when I cleaned them - probably for the first time ever!

I read a bit about those Casio laser projectors in the other projector thread. What is the best model, and where is the cheapest place to obtain them? My other main concern would be the throw distance and mounting being wrong and the cost of getting someone to change the ceiling fixture, as well as the price of new mounting brackets. One of the old smartboards also needs replacing as it has buckled.

Thank Post
    I read a bit about those Casio laser projectors in the other projector thread. What is the best model, and where is the cheapest place to obtain them? My other main concern would be the throw distance and mounting being wrong and the cost of getting someone to change the ceiling fixture, as well as the price of new mounting brackets. One of the old smartboards also needs replacing as it has buckled.[/QUOTE]

This is my view.

The product was originally destined to be in limited supply until March which a couple of hundred entering the country late January and February. However the first January shipment has slipped and also been reduced in size. I think the best place to go if you are an end user is to a dedicated education or mainstream Professional Audio Visual reseller or Corporate reseller. Check which ones have already got back orders on with the two major Casio distributors (PM me for their names), as they will probably end up with the majority of the stock. I also wouldn't believe any one who tells you they will get the stock first because they have more back orders on. I recon it will be left up to the distributors to decide who gets them and I am sure that priority will be given to resellers with fixed back orders and resellers who want to invest in a demonstration unit.

In any case would Casio really want to give any stock to any online retailer who is simply offering aggressive discounting and adding no value. It surely devalues their new technology product. Resellers will need to make some money as they will be encouraged to pro-actively promote and spend money marketing this new technology and demonstrating it to their customer base. No one can do that for free.

It is easy for any business to offer a low price when you have no stock mind you.

Regarding the throw. It is a unique projector with a 2x zoom exact is 1.4 to 2.8:1

What this means is that for a 77" Smartboard you could position your projector anywhere between
    2.1 metres and 4.2 metres away from the screen.

I hope this is helpful

Regards

The Doc

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread