+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Fujitsu Siemens equipment! in Technical; We have a V2000 which was overlooked when locking bios down in our tech area, and some little darling manged ...
    Thank Post

Re: Fujitsu Siemens equipment!

We have a V2000 which was overlooked when locking bios down in our tech area, and some little darling manged to set a password on it.

@isdky am in same boat with Fuji just won't accept it back, the amount of Fuji kit we have as well.

Thank Post

It may be worth trying to find out who makes it and see if they have a support forum ro support email.

Also did you try the FS user forum?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by chrbb
    Send the bill to the little darling's parents/carer, if you know who it is, that is.
    I know that doesn't solve the fujitsu' 'lets stitch the customer up' situation, it might also be worth while letting fujitsu know how many of their laptops you have bought off them and that you may use dell or whoever for that large order of equipment you are currently putting together.
    I don't think you can really blame Fujitsu here and I think itā€™s a little harsh accusing them of stitching their customers up.

The bottom line is that its the customers responsibility for setting BIOS passwords. If the customer fails to do so then subsequently gets locked out of their own machine, you canā€™t really blame the manufacture for that.

Also you must surely give some praise to Fujitsu for taking laptop and data security seriously, most other laptop manufactures donā€™t give a monkeys.

Thank Post

Have you tried this... (please bear with me... :P)

take out main battery
    Open laptop and unplug or remove the CMOS battery.
    attempt to switch the unit on... it should discharge the capacitors that might be holding power to the CMOS.
    Put everything back together...

The other option is to leave the batteries out for a number of hours... all day might work.

With regard to CMOS pins, it's usually the 2 pins which aren't linked with the jumper... so it's a case of link them, attempt boot, then unlink and boot...

Ā£117 isn;t too bad... I think Viglen were charging Ā£180 for a laptop return.

Regards

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,520 Posts

Stese: If the password is stored in a eeprom or on the hard drive then turning the power off for a year ain't going to help reset it.

This is the very reason why laptop password resetting is a completely different kettle of fish to desktop.

Ben

Thank Post

We had a similar problem with a DELL Latitude D series notebook which got an unknown system password set. Fortunately these have a master password which DELL will provide along with a procedure for unlocking if you can provide proof of ownership. It's a bit of hassle going through the process but it was free, and it worked.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 781 Posts

You Might have a little luck with this as it is the latest and if you notice it has a fujitsu HDD tool on it. (may help):
    http://maxt.dk/archives/2006/09/05/hirens-bootcd-84/

Thank Post

i've had this problem before and even got one of our assistant principles to speak to fujitsu as we have hundreds of their pcs and laptops, yet they still wouldn't budge with the charge. they are complete gits! i'm sorry to say that it looks like you'll have to just pay them to fix the problem - we did!!! :cry:

Thank Post

I might upset a few people here but I found a way round the master password problem.

Take off the bit of plactic just above the keyboard and you'll see a dipswitch with 2 switches on it.

Set the second dipswitch (the one at the back) to the opposite position, power back on and the machine will boot and you can get into the BIOS etc fine.

Thank Post

@Rabs

Is that for all Fujitsu Siemens equipment?

Will see if I can dig out that BIOS laptop tomorrow.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rabs
    I might upset a few people here but I found a way round the master password problem.

Take off the bit of plactic just above the keyboard and you'll see a dipswitch with 2 switches on it.

Set the second dipswitch (the one at the back) to the opposite position, power back on and the machine will boot and you can get into the BIOS etc fine.
    Hi there. IĀ“m having the same problem here with an Amilo M7400. Will that technique work as wel?l? Thanks! 8)

Thank Post

about fujitsu siemens amilo or any similar laptop

guys

i see some advice here but i can put all of you into right way with 16 year of experience.

firstwal this specific model has a 4Mb flash the internal architekture of ic has PIC and Flash so when you clear the phoenix bios to default you can do with debug mode from windows or simple just remove the batt.
    then the default settings aply internaly but there is the magic but the pic has the stored pasword and he rewrite that specific sector back in flash.
    the main idea was if the laptop been stolen from someone and hangs somewhere till the batteries go down.
    also the hardrive does the same s all works togeether.
    this sst ic has hiden folder same as the ntl box just ntl has 32mb flash there is one pin where you have to connect 12v to temporary unlock the ic.but you no gonnawin this battle.you have to have large amount of ascii and hex knowledge to read trough the stored bin file.
    i know there the admin from scool wrote they strugling with payment i reccomend for them to take one working laptop strippit down download the source and program the new chip dont forgott o use ESD and multicore ROHS stuff because the motherboard is unleaded (ROHS)

i remember the thinkpad that was their idea and then few companie take the security nboard just with thinkpad was a bit easy because the password was stored to atmel 24CXX or 93CXX

so there s just 2 option pay to FS to solve it or sacrifi one unit and clone the bios to other.

there is no another way believe me other mirracle is just amateur job..

13. Thanks to gigibea71 from:

ICT_GUY (27th June 2008)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gigibea71 View Post
    guys

i see some advice here but i can put all of you into right way with 16 year of experience.

firstwal this specific model has a 4Mb flash the internal architekture of ic has PIC and Flash so when you clear the phoenix bios to default you can do with debug mode from windows or simple just remove the batt.
    then the default settings aply internaly but there is the magic but the pic has the stored pasword and he rewrite that specific sector back in flash.
    the main idea was if the laptop been stolen from someone and hangs somewhere till the batteries go down.
    also the hardrive does the same s all works togeether.
    this sst ic has hiden folder same as the ntl box just ntl has 32mb flash there is one pin where you have to connect 12v to temporary unlock the ic.but you no gonnawin this battle.you have to have large amount of ascii and hex knowledge to read trough the stored bin file.
    i know there the admin from scool wrote they strugling with payment i reccomend for them to take one working laptop strippit down download the source and program the new chip dont forgott o use ESD and multicore ROHS stuff because the motherboard is unleaded (ROHS)

i remember the thinkpad that was their idea and then few companie take the security nboard just with thinkpad was a bit easy because the password was stored to atmel 24CXX or 93CXX

so there s just 2 option pay to FS to solve it or sacrifi one unit and clone the bios to other.

there is no another way believe me other mirracle is just amateur job..
    Is true, the password is held in a separate flash memory space. deliberately
    hard to get at or change though there were tools to be able to read this space available a few years ago. Though we had a hell of a time trying to unlock it.

Thank Post
    Reminds me of a Toshiba laptop we had with a known fault where the BIOS bootup password set itself to a random string. Tosh were aware of the problem but it was too old to do anything about it on warranty.

After much digging about I found some pinouts for a Toshiba BIOS reset tool, which is basically a parallel cable with specific pins wired together. 30 mins of arsing about later and I was in! I must admit I was very skeptical beforehand though.

Thank Post

about toshibas

yep the device is on cmospwd site its easy to make it just doesn,t work with M version or the latest version of toshibas where you have fingerprint device

CmosPwd - CGSecurity

To reset the password of a Toshiba, you can use KeyDisk. If this doesn't work, you can try to build the Toshiba Parallel loopback. To make a simple device that you connect to your parallel port, a lot of Toshiba computers remove the password when you boot it up. The device, named "loopback" by some, could be made out of any parallell wire with 25pins connectors (db25). You should connect these pins: 1-5-10, 2-11, 3-17, 4-12, 6-16, 7-13, 8-14, 9-15, 18-25

but anyway there is just all about the time and your knowledge most electronic device such as cards radios electonic devices has a same locking but just some component r diferent.

i think all is possible what human made.

regards gigi

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12