+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Replacing projectors in Technical; Well this is based on a 60" image but should give you some idea if the projectors Simon Suggested will ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 728 Posts
    Well this is based on a 60" image but should give you some idea if the projectors Simon Suggested will just drop in.

Sanyo PLC-SU50 at a distance of 1.97m to 2.41m

Sanyo PLC-XU41 at a distance of 1.98m to 2.40m

Sanyo PLC-XW200 at a distance of 1.97m to 2.34m

Epson NP305 at a distance of 1.85m to 2.22m

2. Thanks to SYSMAN_MK from:

Little-Miss (15th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    The casio site has details (PDF linked - http://www.casio.de/press/files/PI_C..._models_EN.pdf)

Claimed 20,000 hours life. Our standard projectors have an average bulb life of around 2000 hours.
    What happeneds at the end of the 20k hours of life, can the led's be replaced or is that the end of the projector?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,886 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenwba View Post
    What happeneds at the end of the 20k hours of life, can the led's be replaced or is that the end of the projector?
    It turns into a pumpkin. I dunno to be honest. But with our current projectors, we'd never get to 20,000 hours before having to replace the entire unit anyway.

Thank Post
    It turns into a pumpkin. I dunno to be honest. But with our current projectors, we'd never get to 20,000 hours before having to replace the entire unit anyway.

Im thinking that the idea is, after 20,000 hours, many years have gone by, and you dont mind paying another 700 for a new unit, deffinatley the way do go i think!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    So....with this 3 year lamp warranty....is it next day? Or are we stuck with a projector we cant use until they send a new one?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    So....with this 3 year lamp warranty....is it next day? Or are we stuck with a projector we cant use until they send a new one?
    Depends on the manufacturer really. Some like infocus are based in europe and it may take an extra day or so for a bulb to arrive.

8. Thanks to tommej from:

Little-Miss (15th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanks localzuk. That also talks about forthcoming models with wireless connectivity to the PC, which would (potentially) save a bit on installation time/cost/mess.

I'm about to submit a budget proposal for some new projectors; I will think very seriously about including these rather than what I was going to ask for.

I wonder how accurate the 20,000 hours claim is. 2000 hours is about 3 months, so is easy enough to count and see that it is correct; 20,000 hours, however, is nearly 3 years so is either a guess or is based on LED technology from other older devices. Just a thought.

Thank Post
    Hi

Have a look at Projection Calculator Classic - Throw Distance and Screen Size and it will tell you the projector trough distance.

Richard

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,886 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For anyone interested in the Casio ones, I've asked a couple of suppliers to quote me for the 2500 lumens, standard XGA, with wireless, and the prices i've come back with are all in the 800 - 850 range. With a lead time of the end of January.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    For anyone interested in the Casio ones, I've asked a couple of suppliers to quote me for the 2500 lumens, standard XGA, with wireless, and the prices i've come back with are all in the 800 - 850 range. With a lead time of the end of January.
    incidently we have these available to us without a lead time,

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    ok, playing with this projector calculator and have compared the 2 types we have with the one im thinking about getting....they look similar! lol what am looking for?

Sanyo PLC-XU41 Projection Calculator - Throw Distance and Screen Size
    Sanyo PLC-SU50S Projection Calculator - Throw Distance and Screen Size

want

Sanyo PLC-XW200 Projection Calculator - Throw Distance and Screen Size

Thank Post
    Have the projectors had their life or is it worth taking out the screwdriver and just cleaning the mirrors and lenses internally, if you were going to replace them, you have nothiong to loose in having a go. Its not that bad a job so long as you're methodical.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    They've had their day, 4 years old, poor maintenance. I dont plan on throwing them away once they're out of the classroom, i plan on giving them a good clean

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Can anyone find a photo of the bottom of the Sanyo PLC-XW200? or look at the one in the manual and compare it to the ones for the PLC-XU41 and the PLC-SU50? I cant decide whether they will fit on our brackets. I dont like the idea of the filter being on the bottom as well though..

Thanks...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Ask how difficult it is to get at the filter to clean it. Most of ours are dead easy to get to from a chair but some need a ladder. It takes me as long to clean 6 of these as the 20+ easy ones.
    Hi Laserblazer

Just to put the record straight for you.
    All DLP projectors including the new Casio LED/laser products do not actually have filters like LCD projectors.

One of the selling points of the Casio product a part from the fact that it is the world's first Mercury Free projector for Education is that it is also completely maintenance free.
    (i.e. No lamp or filter maintenance or replacement)
    In Fact all projectors that are based on DLP technology do not actually require filters. They are all sealed units.

The Casio also has a 2-1 zoom lens which is pretty unique and answers your question in this thread.
    The benefit of this is that you can take down virtual any projector (except Super short throw of course and know that the Casio will fit with the original ceiling pole. You will still have to replace the bracket and get an engineer to install though but it will be a lot less hassle and a lot less mess and disruption.

Casio say the unit will last for 20,000 hours without any deterioration of image quality. However they will warranty it for 6,000 and 3 years for normal business or 10,000 and 5 years for Education.

Obviously technology will catch up or change or other parts like power supplies or components may fail like any projector.

If you require a short throw projector or budget is a concern then obvious you may well be better looking at a Sanyo, Hitachi or Epson. For Super short throw then Hitachi or Epson will be the best choices.

Enjoy and good luck.

The Doc

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast