+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, ACER TRAVELMATE 2410 LAPTOP - Power light flashing but not booting up in Technical; After I replaced my DVD/CD-ROM, my laptop will not come on. The power button light flashes every 3 seconds. And ...

Thank Post

Unhappy ACER TRAVELMATE 2410 LAPTOP - Power light flashing but not booting up

After I replaced my DVD/CD-ROM, my laptop will not come on. The power button light flashes every 3 seconds.
    And when it does the light on the cover of the DVD/CD flashes as well. I have read some discussions about formatting a USB and installing zg5ia32.fd and flahit.exe, and pressing FN +Esc buttons, but this does not seem to work.
    Thinking it was the motherboard, I have replaced the motherboard and its still the same problem.
    Please help,the laptop is out of warranty and it has all my family pictures and important documents.

Thank Post
    Have you actually tried removing the DVD drive to see whether the laptop will power on fine without it - usually when I change/add something to a computer and it fails to start up after, I'll unplug the device i've recently added rather than assume it's something else and start swapping out other components.

In this case, it could simply be a bad connection or even an incompatibility between the drive and the motherboard - in fact, since you've mentioned that you've swapped out the motherboard, i'd say that the motherboard simply does not like something about that DVD drive.

Thank Post

Unhappy

Hi, I have tried it with the faulty DVD Rom Drive and another type of DVD - Rom Drive, but no joy. Still the same situation.
    Its still not switching on and gives theburst of flahing power light.
    Please any other advice will be welcome.

Toks28

Thank Post
    The photos etc will be on the hard disk, you could use a usb hard disk adapter to connect your hard disk to another computer and copy these off.

Thank Post
    OK the DVD drive could be a red herring. Does the light flash after you press it? If so then it's telling you the battery is flat make sure your power adapter isn't faulty. (I know it was probably fine before all this but get a multimeter out and check.) Remove the battery and then try and start it.

just a thought...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread