+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, HP 5550 and Paper getting stuck in the Fuser in Technical; We keep getting print outs stuck on in the fuser rollers just before it comes out of the printer. At ...
    Thank Post

HP 5550 and Paper getting stuck in the Fuser

We keep getting print outs stuck on in the fuser rollers just before it comes out of the printer. At first it only seemed to happen to on print outs with lots of colour, now it seems to happen on ones with a lot less colour. The fuser still has about 91% so I am not keen to replace.

It has been cleaned thoroughly but starts the same problems after a day or 2 afterwards. We have been using some compatibles on it but we have been using them for months so I cant see the problem coming back so quick after a thorough clean.

Any ideas as I can't say I have ever come across a problem like this before so I am a bit stuck.

Cheers

Chris

Thank Post
    Are you using a different paper?? could the paper have got damp at all? this can sometime cause jams??

Thank Post
    I don't think so, should still be the same stuff and it is stored in my office which is warm enough.

Thank Post
    just try putting in a fresh ream and fan it out a bit first to get some air between the sheets (if you know what I mean) it might work.....sometimes we have to do this with ours if the paper has alot of fibres in it!

Thank Post
    I am going to try some other toner for now just to rule that out. There may be excessive amounts being poured out.

Thank Post
    We had major problems with exactly this same thing last year. It depends exactly what you're printing. Documents with small amounts of colour are usually fine, but anything with large amounts of colour, such as photographs cause problems.

The problem was caused by using compatible toners. We had the same problem with two HP 5500-series printers and after spending ages and s on getting them serviced, buying new fusers, trying different toners, we found the only thing that was guaranteed to work was to use the HP original toners for these printers.

We tried several different brands of compatibles, from ultra-cheap to more expensive and even after having been given "100% certain" assurances by several suppliers that there would be no problems with their compatible toners, we were still experiencing regular paper jams. One supplier even suggested that we should switch from using PCL to PS drivers and it did seem to improve it, but not cure it completely.

So we've switched back to using the HP originals now. They cost a fortune () but they're the only cartridges we've found that work properly.

The problem seems to be limited to the HP 5500-series A3 colour lasers. We use compatibles in all our other A4 colour lasers without any problems.

7. 2 Thanks to PeterH:

ChrisH (25th November 2009), dhicks (25th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanks for that I was suspecting this and certainly didn't want to be buying another fuser as it seems the current one has a long life yet.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread