+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, [SOLVED] HP LaserJet 4050tn will not print InDesign documents in Technical; Hello! Got a bit of a strange issue here. I've got a LaserJet 4050tn or n, can't remember which off ...
    Thank Post

Thumbs up [SOLVED] HP LaserJet 4050tn will not print InDesign documents

Hello!

Got a bit of a strange issue here. I've got a LaserJet 4050tn or n, can't remember which off the top of my head and can't head down there right now to check, and it prints every single type of document I throw at it whether it be Word, Excel, a test print, a webpage, or other document, but it does not print Adobe InDesign documents. I've tried printing InDesign documents on every other printer we have in the building. They print perfectly, but they do not print on the 4050. The error on the Windows print server is that the paper size is not supported. However, the size is letter. I open a new InDesign document, choose letter as the paper size, and hit print, and it prints on every printer except the 4050, where it says paper size is not supported. It's letter, it IS supported because I can print anything else in letter, adn InDesign prints letter to any other printer. I've adjusted the settings within the printer driver on the server to indicate that a duplexing unit is installed, tray 2 contains letter, and tray 3 contains legal, and I verify the trays are all set correctly so the sensors trigger properly. The print jobs from InDesign still do not go through.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by link470; 24th November 2009 at 07:14 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi,

It might just be that the adobe package is trying to print with postscript coding - do you have a postscript driver for it?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedghog View Post
    Hi,

It might just be that the adobe package is trying to print with postscript coding - do you have a postscript driver for it?
    At the moment I'm using PCL, should I be using PS? I never really knew the difference between the two and when to use them to be completely honest.

:: EDIT ::

Tried using PS, everything seems to be working except for the printer asks for glossy paper every time in the manual feed tray even though I disabled manual feed and set the paper type to plain in all trays. But hitting the select button on the printer seems to get it continuing in the mean time. Could be an InDesign print setting somewhere.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by link470; 24th November 2009 at 07:12 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread