+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, smart 680i vs 680 + ultra short throw projector in Technical; ...

Thank Post

smart 680i vs 680 + ultra short throw projector

What are the advantages of using a 680i board over using a normal 680 and any ultra short throw projector? Seems normal smart board plus an ultra short throw is about £500 cheaper than buying the 680i package.

I need to get 2 of these now, and another 11 next year, so if its saving £500 a unit thats quite a saving!

Steve

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg View Post
    What are the advantages of using a 680i board over using a normal 680 and any ultra short throw projector? Seems normal smart board plus an ultra short throw is about £500 cheaper than buying the 680i package.

I need to get 2 of these now, and another 11 next year, so if its saving £500 a unit thats quite a saving!

Steve
    if you would like to pm me your full details Ill put a comparison quote together for you fella

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Esssentially it's all integrated and doesn't require you to attach a projector using a seperate bracket. The Smart 680 would be just the board and no projector, hence the price difference.

I've also seen another picture of a Smart with a projector which is literally installed on top of the whiteboard. I believe it uses mirrors to reflect the image directly onto the board, so no matter how tall you are, you won't hit your head on the projector

Thank Post
    So the only difference is having to install another bracket to take a different short throw projector? Sure I can manage that for £500!

@CPLTD I think you've got my details, as we've had a couple of quotes from you before, although you normally just miss out to my normal supplier on price! (If my current account manager ever leaves you'll probably get a lot of orders from me!)

Steve

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    I would double check specifications on their website but I am pretty sure that's the case. I suppose you still get the three year warranty with most Smart products.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    So the only difference is having to install another bracket to take a different short throw projector? Sure I can manage that for £500!

@CPLTD I think you've got my details, as we've had a couple of quotes from you before, although you normally just miss out to my normal supplier on price! (If my current account manager ever leaves you'll probably get a lot of orders from me!)

Steve
    Have pm'd , let me know your current details and I'll give you a buz

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Steve
    cant seem to find you on our system fella, can you pm me your details and i will look into this

Thank Post
    There isn't a great deal of differences in the system to be honest. Each as easy as the next - the system you would need would be a SMARTBoard + ED-A101/111 (Orange or White) with relevant mount/cable kit etc. Only downside would be having 2 points of contacts for warranties but upsides include cost and ability to swap out components seperately if you have problems late down the line. Also I believe EDA's come with lamp warranties.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread