+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Roland TS-30 drivers in Technical; Originally Posted by jcraig the policy that i have switched to disabled is "Disallow installation of printers using kernel-mode drivers" ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcraig View Post
    the policy that i have switched to disabled is
    "Disallow installation of printers using kernel-mode drivers" this then gets rid of the message

one thing be careful of the limits height wise as it can exceed what u expect it to
    That's the one I disabled to, yet it still says it.

Thank Post
    can u confirm its set correctly it should be the one in

Computer Configuration (Enabled)hide --> Policies-->Administrative Template-->Printers (Disallow installation of printers using kernel-mode drivers Enabled )

and it has to be on the ou that the Machine(pc) sits in and set for the machine

thats the only setting i changed and then rebooted and it was fine might be worth modeling the gpo to insure its set if still not working.

Thank Post
    can u confirm its set correctly it should be the one in

Computer Configuration (Enabled)hide --> Policies-->Administrative Template-->Printers (Disallow installation of printers using kernel-mode drivers Enabled )

and it has to be on the ou that the Machine(pc) sits in and set for the machine

thats the only setting i changed and then rebooted and it was fine might be worth modeling the gpo to insure its set if still not working.
    Just noticed that it is only supported on 'Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Windows 2000 operating systems only'. Any way of getting the TS-30 to work on Windows 7 then?

Thank Post
    yes thats all i did it works fine for out ts-30 you do have to force the driver though by manualy pulling it from the %temp% folder upon installation then forcing it to use it in divice manager

Thank Post
    yes thats all i did it works fine for out ts-30 you do have to force the driver though by manualy pulling it from the %temp% folder upon installation then forcing it to use it in divice manager
    Could you please explain how to do this? Thanks

Thank Post
    read the rest of the thred as it does say

u get the windows 7 drivers for the mdx-40a(not the ts-30) as there is not one. the ts-30 is a early mdx-40a so they are virtually the same
    then
    u get the drivers from the installer by clearing the %temp% folder then running the install application but do not actuly install
    each step through the install look at the temp folder a new folder will apear there with the mdx-40a drivers in it. take a copy of these and put some where safe.
    then go to divide manager adn tell the computer to use the drivers you just put some where safe it will not detect its compatable but it is you have to make it do it.

7. Thanks to jcraig from:

OhDear (14th September 2012)

Thank Post
    read the rest of the thred as it does say

u get the windows 7 drivers for the mdx-40a(not the ts-30) as there is not one. the ts-30 is a early mdx-40a so they are virtually the same
    then
    u get the drivers from the installer by clearing the %temp% folder then running the install application but do not actuly install
    each step through the install look at the temp folder a new folder will apear there with the mdx-40a drivers in it. take a copy of these and put some where safe.
    then go to divide manager adn tell the computer to use the drivers you just put some where safe it will not detect its compatable but it is you have to make it do it.
    Got it working now! Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by OhDear; 14th September 2012 at 05:39 PM.

Thank Post
    i have just come across the same problem trying to get our ts-30 working in windows 7 however i have had some success.
    after finding some information saying it was similar to the mdx-40a i thought id give this ago

i got the driver for the mdx-40a from the roland website and forced it to install it by pulling the driver ini files from the temp folder upon install.
    then went to driver manager and forced windows to use the driver i gave it. and hay presto works a treat.

i contacted tech soft and told them and they said not they hadn't tryed that but only negative is be careful with the feed and speed settings.
    anyways so far so good it reproduced the nice test pattern i made in 2d design

thought i would share my findings
    Hey guys,

I've just been asked to install a TS-30 also but im struggling to find the drivers in the temp folder. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Thank Post
    Never mind worked it out!

Thank Post
    Hi - I sadly haven't worked it out...

Right, opened up the %temp% folder, cleared it, in the driver utility (setup64.exe IIRC) dropdown I chose mdx-40a, and watched at every step of the installation process for the files and folders which appear. Each time there's a new one put in there I copy it somewhere else to keep it safe.

Stop short of clicking the final 'install' at the second gui.

Go into device manager > update driver, browse to my file where the folders and files from %temp% have all been copied to, tick the box for browsing subfolders, click ok.

Nothing happens, can't find the drivers.

I *think* the problem might stem from where the folders and files are being created it's creating RolandRDMDX40A.INF as an empty FOLDER and not a .inf file as you might imagine.

But yeah, I'm quite stuck. Am I doing it right by the sounds of it though??

:/
    Last edited by Miscbrah; 9th October 2012 at 03:51 PM.

Thank Post
    You need to go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local. The drivers should be in there. Copy them out and then go to device manger and update drivers, browse my computer, let me choose from a list of drivers on my machine, then add the drivers in here. Thats how i got it working, this will force the device to use the drivers you specify. It should come up as a printer when youve done it.

13. Thanks to APMerry from:

Miscbrah (9th October 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanks, but when you say you add the drivers in from device manager, you're browsing to a folder where you've put everything from %temp% that came in from that install process, right?

I'm doing exactly that but it's not happening for me :/ Just want to be sure I've got that right or you can see any glaring errors from my method.

Meh, if it won't work it won't work though.

Thank Post
    If you pick update drive and point it at the folder it will not detect it to work as it is "not supported" you have to tell it that this is the driver it will use and not rely on the system finding it becaus it is compatable just your lovely pc is thick :-) of u follow my instructions earlia it tells u how to do his I you don't know

I'm glad others are getting success too.

QUOTE=Miscbrah;880441]Thanks, but when you say you add the drivers in from device manager, you're browsing to a folder where you've put everything from %temp% that came in from that install process, right?

I'm doing exactly that but it's not happening for me :/ Just want to be sure I've got that right or you can see any glaring errors from my method.

Meh, if it won't work it won't work though.[/QUOTE]

16. Thanks to jcraig from:

Miscbrah (10th October 2012)

Thank Post
    Hi! Thanks for getting back to me on this.

Right, I get the drivers will be in %temp% if I run through the setup64.exe's process, but I don't get how to 'force' the PC to take the drivers if it's not seeing them. I've read through this thread a couple of times now but I'm not getting that part.

So, if I've got my folder full of the bits from %temp% how do I do the rest? Can anyone spoon feed that part to me?

APMerry thanks for that, I think that's what I was doing though, but I'll go back and try it again...

Thank Post
    PM me your email address and ill send you some screenshots if you like.

19. Thanks to APMerry from:

Miscbrah (10th October 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast