+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Fujitsu Servers? in Technical; Anyone have experience with/reports of Fujitsu servers? Currently finalising new server setup proposals and one of the two main companies ...

Thank Post

Fujitsu Servers?

Anyone have experience with/reports of Fujitsu servers?

Currently finalising new server setup proposals and one of the two main companies we are potentially looking at going with are looking at using Fujitsu servers.

When I started here, we had inherited some Fujitsu-Siemens laptops (around 4 years old now), which quality wise, and reliability wise have been pretty awful (only have a few more left to replace) so obviously these experiences with Fujitsu kit kind of put me off the idea of using them, or are the laptops OK now, and what are the servers like?

Anyone have any experiences of the kit/quality of support?

The company are a Fujitsu partner, and have assured me that they wouldn't use them, if they didn't feel they were good, as it would also be their reputation at stake.

Thank Post
    Hi Andy,

I had a Fujitsu server at my previous job and it was fine; used it as a back up server and it seemed to cope absolutely fine for the 2 years or so I had it. (Not that it was under much demand mind you).

As always though, no matter who you ask someone will always have a story of bad times with manufacturer x y or z and ultimately the warranty and terms are key to a success.

I assume in order for this to progress you've had to go the route of 3 quotes, no sales pitch but have you considered Sun kit, with Matching Grant under way there's some pretty good deals on kit at the moment. (Effectively to the tune of BOGOF with 50% off on a quantity of 2).

Whichever way you do decide to go, check the warranty to make sure you have ample coverage should something go wrong, it does happen, and being prepared is the best way forward.

Good luck.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread