+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Wireless - need to boost signal in Technical; My day per week school currently has wireless via Linksys WAP 200 devices. Wireless is increasingly being used in the ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Wireless - need to boost signal

My day per week school currently has wireless via Linksys WAP 200 devices. Wireless is increasingly being used in the school and when I was in yesterday they asked me to order a new booster; their suggestion being: Belkin Wireless 54Mbps Cable/ DSL Internet Gateway Router . I'm a learner when it comes to wireless in schools but I'm not sure this would be the best device. What's the recommendation from here please?

The school is Secondary level EBD and has one remote classroom 100 yards from the main building which was the initial reason for wireless which was set up by a local IT company.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post
    My day per week school currently has wireless via Linksys WAP 200 devices. Wireless is increasingly being used in the school and when I was in yesterday they asked me to order a new booster; their suggestion being: Belkin Wireless 54Mbps Cable/ DSL Internet Gateway Router . I'm a learner when it comes to wireless in schools but I'm not sure this would be the best device. What's the recommendation from here please?

The school is Secondary level EBD and has one remote classroom 100 yards from the main building which was the initial reason for wireless which was set up by a local IT company.

Hiya Speckytecky,

I am sure you would have seen the many posts recomending Ruckus Managed Wireless , This is one of the most cost effective managed solutions on the market and has been widely accepted in the educational sector as the way forward ,
    We have supplied many edugeek members with this solution and would be more than happy to discuss the benefits and arrange for a evaluation unit so you can see the power of Ruckus in your own establishment,
    If you would like to pm me your details I am back in the office on Monday and can give you a call to discuss further,

p.s we are known for being the cheapest for Ruckus Wireless in the UK no list prices here!
    Last edited by CPLTD; 6th November 2009 at 09:35 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    OK, PM'd you Simon.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post
    OK, PM'd you Simon.
    All recieved fella I'm back in the office monday so will get back to you then

Thank Post
    Hi SpeckyTecky

While you consider your Wireless choices, please be aware that MeruNetworks can also offer a great solution to your problem. Meru Networks offer a single channel architecture which removes the need for channel planning and reduces the possibility of any deadspots in your buildings.

Further to this Meru handles high client denisty extremely well through its Fair Airtime method and we can expect a classroom of laptops to log in to the domain in close to 1 minute. We have a demonstration suite which can show this and also how Meru compares against Aruba and Ruckus under similar classroom tests.

You are more than welcome to see this demo suite as well as some case studies on Meru

6. Thanks to aroberts from:

speckytecky (26th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aroberts View Post
    Hi SpeckyTecky

While you consider your Wireless choices, please be aware that MeruNetworks can also offer a great solution to your problem. Meru Networks offer a single channel architecture which removes the need for channel planning and reduces the possibility of any deadspots in your buildings.

Further to this Meru handles high client denisty extremely well through its Fair Airtime method and we can expect a classroom of laptops to log in to the domain in close to 1 minute. We have a demonstration suite which can show this and also how Meru compares against Aruba and Ruckus under similar classroom tests.

You are more than welcome to see this demo suite as well as some case studies on Meru
    As A Meru reseller I would agree with aroberts and say that Meru is also a superb Managed wireless solution for the educational sector

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread