+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Cleaning the Sanyo PLC-XE40 projector in Technical; Hi We cleaned four and in three the improvement was striking but in one there was no change Any ideas???? ...

Thank Post
    Hi

We cleaned four and in three the improvement was striking but in one there was no change

Any ideas????

Stephen

Thank Post
    Hi
    Thanks for all help as it has been top class and just what we needed

STEPHEN

Thank Post
    Hi all new to this site but would appreciate any help. I have cleaned 4 or 5 sanyo plc-xe40 projectors for local schools with very good results just stripping down and using small air compressor ( with slow & gentle blasts ) to blow out dust from all the usual areas . But yesterday not having compressor with me found that one of the 3 LCD screens attached to prism was very dirty and took off LCD bracket to clean behind, big mistake 2 small glass panels (i think called pre polarizer ) fell out when I unscrewed the bracket. I cleaned what had to be cleaned and tried to put them back the right way but after several attempts of doing this ( reassemble the whole thing to test image ) now have screen image with green shadow on edges of windows ,text and icons . School back after mid term break this monday . please please anyone help . thanks

Thank Post
    Hi I found this thread very useful, but would like to know where you got the service manual from.

Thank Post

focus help

Hi,
    i followed the instructions given carfeully and it worked wonders for two projectors, however for some reason on the 3rd one the focal length has gone!!!!
    to get it in focus i need to be roughly 2 foot from the screen (its a fish eye lens)
    everything appears to be right, the lenses cant be the wrong way as they dont fit in their wee holders.
    somehow the main lens has gone wrong...
    Any advice?? please...

Thank Post
    Hi Gromit. I've stumbled on this site tonight and joined up. I was an IT Advisor to schools in Wexford and now have a tiny business providing Tech Support to schools here. One small 2 teacher school has 2 XE40 projectors which are so dull they are unusable. They have been quoted a small fortune by a firm in Dublin to clean the projectors but I reckon I'd do it for far less if I got my hands on your sequence of events guide from this time last year. Is it available on line. Mick

Thank Post
    SANYO PLC-XU41.pdfNokiaMonitorTestUtil.zip

Service Manual for Sanyo PLC-XU41. We found that the internal optical path was clean as a whistle. The service manual details how to recalibrate optics after removal.

Thank Post
    A true copy of the Sanyo Service manual can be purchased at: Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc. SANYO SM5110793 SERVICE MANUAL 2 TO 3 DAYS* $25.00 .

It has helped me fix many issues. You can also purchase most any part inside the projector from them as well.

Thank Post
    anyone got a plc xu41 manual for chassis number my7-xu4101 the one posted is for a different chassis slightly different to mine and i can not find a thermal reset switch

Thank Post
    Thanks for this info, helped enormously.

Thank Post
    click the thumbnail on my last post, for the service manual and the other attachment will generate a test card for calibrating the optics and electronics of any display or projector
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    sanyo plc xu 47 .when we press power button on projector intial it apperas green after almost 1 min. power light blinks red and projector is not focusing the after repeating so many times problem is same . It appears that the projector thinks that it is cooling itself off and shutting down as it would normally do when you are done using it. In reality, the projector never actually starts up.

I've cleaned both filters and reset the projector also.
    ??????????????????

Thank Post
    I have 8 units , could you send me your cleaning guild. They are so dull that the teachers have to turn off ALL lights to see the screen.

Thank Post
    I've had this problem also w/o the lens falling out. I unscrewed it and cleaned it w/o problems but still have the shadow on 3 of the the 8 I've done so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank Post
    Just a quick thanks to omardaiekh for the thermal switch advice. In the current UK heat, one of the projectors stopped turning on with the symptom of 3 cycles of different fan speeds then a constant blinking red power light.

The first time I attempted to fix it I failed.. I thought I had heard a "click" on the first try.. then the 3rd time I was more forceful with the screwdriver and it went down much further and gave a more solid click! Job done.

Thank you for the tip.. could have ended up being expensive otherwise.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast