+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, RM One - Disassemble in Technical; Are there any documents pertaining to this machine for taking apart?...

Thank Post

RM One - Disassemble

Are there any documents pertaining to this machine for taking apart?

Thank Post
    you need a torx-8 (or 10) screwdriver, the back then comes away revealing the motherboard n stuff

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    you need a torx-8 (or 10) screwdriver, the back then comes away revealing the motherboard n stuff
    I need to take the thing apart to fit a new CD/DVD Writer...taking the back off isn't quite there.

Thank Post
    O dear, well at least its not the PSU as thats the first in last out component!

What version RM One is it?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
    O dear, well at least its not the PSU as thats the first in last out component!

What version RM One is it?
    I'm sure that when the engineer called a few months back that he took the back off...then the front. This reveals the CD Rom that's there. I used to have a document explaining the removal of the bits from the RM One, but alas, a harddrive error seen that lost to space and time.

Thank Post
    Once the back is off most things should either slide or unclip off.

Thank Post
    It seems you have to remove the entire back panel then remove the side panel which allows access to the DVD drive, you have to remove the screws and opull the cables out and replace. These things are a pain to do any maintenance to

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Depends what version of rm one you have got first gen are a pain monitor on first gen a re pirme example. 2nd Gen on wards before it came out the design went to two of top field engineer guys at RM for views on what to change to make there life easier (which is what happens with all their computers now).

Russ

Thank Post
    Getting rid of the damned security screws would be a great start for all the RM stuff, just got some of the new RM ones V3's i think and they weigh a ton! but they are a lot better than the originals. Havent had to do any maintenance on them yet, but I did laugh at the rolling feet, reminded me of a shopping trolley when I nearly pushed it off the desk!

rad
    Thank Post
    To install the CD drive is a pain, especially as you have to remove the IDE cable in order to install a CD drive, thats after you have removed the back panel, undone the fan, unclipped the ide cable, removed te side panel, the inserts fall out then install CD drive and clip back on.

I have only done this to the V2 ones. the problem I find is the side panel is a pain, have even cracked one trying to remove it!

Thank Post
    Any idea how to take the screen off?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danwallis331 View Post
    Any idea how to take the screen off?
    On a v2 I presume?

Yeah, remove the back panel. Remove the 3 screws down each side that hold on the side panels and remove those. Careful, the clips at the front of each side panel are tight and snap easily! At the top of the machine you will see 3 or 4 screws holding the silver panel which wraps over the top and front of the machine. Remove these, then the silver panel will slide upwards and detach. This then exposes the cabling and attachments of the screen assembly.

It's not easy, but not too difficult either if that makes sense. Getting the silver panel clipped back on in the right place is tricky when re-assembling though.

Good luck :-)

Just to add for others trying to access various parts of the RM One (v2), if you lay it on it's back you will find about 7 or 8 screws on the base. If you remove these and then remove the baseplate and rollers, you will be able to slide down and lift up the lower part of the silver panel at the front (where the power switch and USB ports are). Lifting up gently will give you access to disconnect the port cables and you can remove the panel completely which gives much easier access to the 3.5" and 5.25" bays and allows you to route cables etc more easily. Be careful standing the machine up once this front panel is removed though - it loses almost all of it's stability and will fall forwards very easily!
    Last edited by crc-ict; 19th January 2012 at 04:01 PM.

13. Thanks to crc-ict from:

danwallis331 (19th January 2012)

rad
    Thank Post
    For info
    Version one does not have a height adjustable screen, black plastic back panel, silver at front.
    Version two has a movable screen, black at back, silver at front
    Version three has black at the front, silver (metal) at the back.

I currently have a v2 is bits if you need pics sent on how to swap screens etc

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information