+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
Hardware Thread, Different versions of Promethean boards in Technical; Originally Posted by bossman Beeswax you don't say if they are usb connections or serial? could you be a little ...
  1. #16
    mullet_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Oldham
    Posts
    726
    Thank Post
    34
    Thanked 46 Times in 45 Posts
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    Quote Originally Posted by bossman
    Beeswax you don't say if they are usb connections or serial?
    could you be a little more specific
    also have you updated the firmware on those boards to match throughout the school. I have a mixture of IWBs throughout the school but the firmware is the same on all and i use the latest drivers, no probs here.
    Where do you get the latest firmware from?

  2. #17

    bossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,905
    Thank Post
    1,186
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts
    Rep Power
    328

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    It used to be here but they have revamped their site but you can get in touch with them here:
    http://www.prometheanworld.com/uk/ht...entation.shtml

    Hope this is of help

  3. #18

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,517
    Thank Post
    1,494
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd
    It also allows me to send the signal over Cat5 so the board can be at the front of the room and the PC at the back without trailing leads, its a neat solution and looks good.
    @ John. I'm intrigued. Can you spare some more detail on your setup.
    Its a great little solution, we make up a serial - RJ45 plug / cable, board goes into a serial plug which we make up the lead to an RJ45. This gets looped through from say port 4 to the port next to the PC say 6 in the patch panel, and then the same cable which we used at the board end is used at the other. It works really well, fine cat 5 only has 8 cores, but the board must only use 8 cores to communicate (or else were missing off the core that is not used by our stuff). I cannot remember the scheme off the top of my head, but I can dig it out.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    35
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    anyone got a workaround for the driver not being signed? if i have to remove another 'Microsoft HID Device' im gonna cry.

    i was kind of hoping we could re arrange the driver priority or something.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    Posts
    123
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    It should the end of the month for the signed driver

    I will post it here when ready.

  6. #21


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,411
    Thank Post
    184
    Thanked 356 Times in 285 Posts
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    We have boardss from about 1999-present all still with the firmware they were supplied with and all using the same latest driver. All is well

    But we do get the issue with the driver signing, but as we have permanent WS's its not too bad.

  7. #22

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,517
    Thank Post
    1,494
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    Quote Originally Posted by drjturner
    It should the end of the month for the signed driver

    I will post it here when ready.
    Hows progress on Vista Drivers, as they must be Vista Signed before it will allow them to be used, as time is ticking away for that as well as I know we have started testing Vista with a view of potential early deployment of it.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    35
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    we have some Promethean PX boards, they wouldnt work with anything but PX software that is causing no end of problems due to the fact that staff have their own laptops and expect things to just work.

    is it possible to use ative studio on PX boards? and vise versa?

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    Posts
    123
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveT
    we have some Promethean PX boards, they wouldnt work with anything but PX software that is causing no end of problems due to the fact that staff have their own laptops and expect things to just work.

    is it possible to use ative studio on PX boards? and vise versa?
    Hi Dave

    This is because these boards are really marketed at Businesses ie conference centres, hotels, emergency services etc rather than Education establishments.

    You can have the boards upgraded but you will have to contact your original reseller to purchase. If you do not have record of your reseller pm me a serial number and I will be able to let you know.


    Px flipcharts can be imported into activstudio but not the other way around.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    Posts
    123
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    Quote Originally Posted by john
    Quote Originally Posted by drjturner
    It should the end of the month for the signed driver

    I will post it here when ready.
    Hows progress on Vista Drivers, as they must be Vista Signed before it will allow them to be used, as time is ticking away for that as well as I know we have started testing Vista with a view of potential early deployment of it.
    John

    It fully supports vista unlike driver 2/3, You cannot get a driver signed until vista is released in case there is any last minute changes.

    I am sure it will not be long after release and until then you will just get the 'continue anyway' message.

  11. #26

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,517
    Thank Post
    1,494
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Rep Power
    302

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    Thanks for that info Dan, much appreciated! On a quick note, last time I checked, if the hardware didn't have certified drivers by default it would refuse to let you install it as it would in MSFTs view compromise the stability of the system, I take it we can get round it as we do in XP by saying yes we know etc etc....

  12. #27
    woody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, Cumbria
    Posts
    617
    Thank Post
    3
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    We have just bought 8 new 78" Promethean Active boards and they have come with ActivStudio. I have tried Activstudio on our older TDS Activeboards (bought around 2002ish just before Promethean took over) running on USB. The new driver works fine, but when you run Activstudio, it asks you to install a 'Promethean Activboard', then the software quits. If I unplug the TDS board, Activstudio will run fine. How can I get the software to work with the TDS board then?

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    Posts
    123
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    Quote Originally Posted by drjturner
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveT
    we have some Promethean PX boards, they wouldnt work with anything but PX software that is causing no end of problems due to the fact that staff have their own laptops and expect things to just work.

    is it possible to use ative studio on PX boards? and vise versa?
    Hi Dave

    This is because these boards are really marketed at Businesses ie conference centres, hotels, emergency services etc rather than Education establishments.

    You can have the boards upgraded but you will have to contact your original reseller to purchase. If you do not have record of your reseller pm me a serial number and I will be able to let you know.


    Px flipcharts can be imported into activstudio but not the other way around.
    Hi Woody

    Your TDS boards works in the same way as Daves PX boards above, You need to contact your original reseller who will be able to provide you with a price. Again if you do not know this information PM me a serial number and I can tell you who your reseller is.

    You can use PX on your TDS boards without upgrading.

  14. #29
    woody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, Cumbria
    Posts
    617
    Thank Post
    3
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    So what you mean is we have to buy a license for Activstudio to run it on the older TDS Activboards?

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    Posts
    123
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Different versions of Promethean boards

    Quote Originally Posted by woody
    So what you mean is we have to buy a license for Activstudio to run it on the older TDS Activboards?
    You either need an electronics change or a hardware key to allow Activstudio to run as electronics firmware is different.

    So yes there will be a cost involved for a license and the above.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Page Backgrounds in Different Office Versions
    By enjay in forum Educational Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 9th October 2007, 01:17 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 28th June 2007, 10:02 PM
  3. Adobe Photoshop - versions and pricing
    By indiegirl in forum Recommended Suppliers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28th September 2006, 10:58 PM
  4. Problems with Promethean boards and USB ports
    By tosca925 in forum Windows
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 16th November 2005, 11:14 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •