Had this interesting little problem with a HP Laserjet P2015N
The printer would show a paper Jam when there was no paper jam
out of toner when there was toner
out of paper when there was paper
or any combination of the three
I did a bit of digging and it turns out to be a faulty formatter board (bad solder joints)
I found the following post
Laserjet P2015 displays Paper jam and Toner lights - fixyourownprinter.com
Which contained this advice
1. Preheated the oven to 350F
2. Removed the formatter from the printer (duh).
3. Removed the thin black piece of plastic by the memory socket.
4. To elevate the board in the oven, I placed it face down on three (golf ball-sized) balls of crumpled aluminum foil on a cookie sheet (that I had already lined with aluminum foil) taking care that the foil balls were not touching any of the soldered parts.
5. Baked it at 350F for 8 minutes exactly.
6. GENTLY removed the cookie sheet with board from oven and let cool undisturbed for several hours.
7. I then reinstalled the formatter board in the printer and it fired up without any problems whatsoever.
350F is 175C
I tried this and it worked I have managed to fix this printer.
So I thought I would share it with you
Now has anybody got the cooking instructions for an Xbox360?
I would think its the same problem that Ric has demonstrated on here with his de-laminating HP Laptops where heating them solved it as it re-melted the solder a bit on them, so suspect its that tbh.
I'd guess if this is a last resort, then it's worth trying but 175C is way about the safe storage temperature for most electronic components so I'd not want to do it if I thought there was another possibility.
Some info on the ole wikipedia about reflow:
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflow_soldering]Reflow soldering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
as you may remember we had this problem with a 2015... have tried the baking method with a degree of success .... seem al dente is best .... we used 180c for 10 mins and it now works 50% of the time... so back to the kitchen!!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)