+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, HP Printer Required in Technical; Been asked to look for a colour printer for a personal customer of mine. They run a small home office ...

Thank Post

HP Printer Required

Been asked to look for a colour printer for a personal customer of mine. They run a small home office so do a fair bit of printing but want to keep costs down, HP is a must. Ideally a printer/scanner combination is what they want but if not its no biggie.

Their son has a Lexmark which has just bitten the dust and they have a Epson which they are trying to get rid of so I was looking at some kind of networkable printer.

I've had a look but cannot find anything that catches my eye, can anyone recommend anything?

Thank Post
    Yep...

If you want to print a LOT of documents and are not bothered about using it for photo quality output then a HP L7680 would probably be perfect.

Alternatively think about expanding your options to include Canon inkjets but my advice would be to steer clear of the newest models and look more to something like a Canon MX850

The cartridges are lower capacity but you can get the 3rd party cartridges and if you really want to save money they could even learn to refill

The latter printer is a better quality machine and both have wired LAN built in...

Thank Post
    We have typically used Canon for inkjet across the site, but have found the OEM carts becoming evermore prohibitively expensive. So to try something different I bought a couple of HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 AiO last week. These have on-board ethernet and one of the models includes wireless on-board. Once the introductory carts are wasted, you have the option of purchasing XL carts, which consist of 49ml black carts and 16 ml per CMY cart.

HP Officejet Pro 8500 All-in-One Printer series Small & Medium Business

HP currently have cashback on this unit (50) which brought the purchase cost down to 100 per unit. The offer's only mentioned on the SMB site, not the consumer, so don't know if there's anything in the T&C that prevents consumers claiming? Warranty is also extended to 3 years atm.

We've also had an HP OfficeJet Pro 8000 for a few months which seems to be pretty much the same printer without the AiO.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread