+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Which Digital Cameras? in Technical; Time to buy some new Digital Cameras for the school, currenly have a mix of Samsung and Canon ones. Am ...

Thank Post

Which Digital Cameras?

Time to buy some new Digital Cameras for the school, currenly have a mix of Samsung and Canon ones.

Am interested to know which ones your school uses. And how much you pay for them?

Have found have found the following one, looks good and cheap, but cant find anywhere what format the video is taken in. Buy Hitachi HDC-886E 8MP Digital Camera - Black. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

George

Thank Post
    All I would suggest is, get the cameras with the least amount of megapixels as you can get hold of. In my experience, most people don't need more than say 2 megapixel cameras. If they have more, then they will ramp up the megapixel's and before you know it, your directories will be full of HUGE pictures!

Just worth noting!

Thank Post
    I've used these before in my last school and have just ordered 10 for our media department. not that expensive and very good you get a very decent photo aswell.

Samsung ES15 10mp 3x Optical Zoom Digital Camera Black With FREE Samsung Camera Case - Ebuyer

Thank Post
    KWestos thats great advice, I've said that many times! Robustness is more of an issue than MP/Quality, as what the pupils want from the camera isnt all that much. Main thing is for it to take ok quality pictures and record video with decent enough sound.

Thank Post
    Great advice yes, But what if students are wanting to be a little bit more creative? I know that when i was in school we had rubbish equipment and I wanted to be alittle more creative, but because the school where more interested in saving the pennys we didn't have good equipment, in my opinion if you get the some decent equipment you get a decent out come, if you get the kids shoddy equipment you get shoddy result because the kids will think why should bother trying to do good work if the school can't be bothered to get me some decent equipment.

Thank Post
    We ave 4 Samsung Cameras of really good quality, and I guess even now a 5mp camera would meet most peoples needs, especially in a primary school

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread