+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Konica bizhub 7255 department codes? in Technical; Our company recently purchased a Konica Minolta bizhub 7255 to replace a Toshiba copier. The Toshiba copier would pop up ...

Thank Post

Konica bizhub 7255 department codes?

Our company recently purchased a Konica Minolta bizhub 7255 to replace a Toshiba copier.

The Toshiba copier would pop up a dialog box when printing from an individual's computer, and would ask for a department code. For example, 15000 would bill to one department, while 25000 will bill to another department.

We have to keep track of our monies in each department and bill accordingly to how many copies/prints are made. This new Konica Minolta has the "ECM" Feature, which asks for the code when making copies, but we are not prompted to enter a code when printing, and this is very important that we keep track of these codes when printing. Some users in the company will use 7 to 8 different codes a day, so they need to be prompted, and not just using the same code everytime. I am racking my brain here and googling like no other because I have to get this toshiba out of our office as soon as possible.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Thank Post
    I also tried using separate drivers for this model, drivers that have features such as "Account Track", which requires a department code to print and it tracks this, and other drivers that have a "Department Code" Feature. Both of these drivers allow the printer to print, but are not going on the tally of how much each department has printed.

Again, the users here might use 4 to 5 different department codes a day, so this is something that needs to be prompted before they print, and not just a permanent code in their settings.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 727 Posts
    There is a tick box under the last printer properties tab that makes a popup appear each time a the printer is used. Users have to enter their code otherwise the copier just deletes the job when it gets it.

I don't have access to the driver at the moment but will do in the morning so will take a look.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 727 Posts
    Right this is for a C650 so your mileage my vary but goto the settings tab on the printer properties and make sure Popup Authentication Dialog when printing is selected.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the help, I got the popup box to show up, entered the account number, but to no avail. The printed did print, but did not track the account number on the copier itself.

I appreciate the help, I think I have tried just about everything I can think of here, and am out of ideas, but still searching for a solution.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread