+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, ask c2 compact projector in Technical; Does anyone know anywhere I might get a replacement bulb from for this projector? It's our suite fixed projector, years ...
    Thank Post

ask c2 compact projector

Does anyone know anywhere I might get a replacement bulb from for this projector? It's our suite fixed projector, years old, discontinued, every website I go on appears to have them in stock until you ring them to order one! Head not overjoyed at thought of cost of replacement projector, I'm concerned that if we end up getting a new one it won't fit the bracket that holds the current one in place and a new fitting will mean even more cash to be spent! Any help anyone?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 931 Posts

Re: ask c2 compact projector

I suspect you may struggle, I have heard of many struggling to get them, and when they found them they were more than a replacement projector and bracket set.

Thank Post

Hi

Speak to the guy at this place, they have got some obscure lamps for us in the past.

http://www.solutionsav.com/

I would also check if it is a sanyo variant, if the product code starts with 610 then it is a sanyo lamp.

Thank Post

Well they list the lamp, so hopefully chrbb has a chance!

Thank Post

All the lamp replacement websites have the lamp listed but none are able to source one! head agreed today to new one, question is do I persuade head to buy spare lamp as well or wait a year then get one?

Thank Post

How many of said new projector will you be getting? If its 1 and no chance of any more of that model then probably nope as they are getting cheaper and cheaper, infact for us they have dropped out of Capital this year so you don't now even need to say in your "wish list" that you want one, you can just decide you want one from your normal budget. But if you will have say 5 or more then get one in. We have one in for one set of projectors (we have about 15 of them) and going to get another in for another big set we have (about 20 of them) so we are a bit covered.

Thank Post

The problem with gettng spare lamps in, is that they tend to come with 90-day warranties which could have easily expired by the time you need the lamp.

Thank Post

thanks for help, we've had no luck with replacement bulb, in fact 1 company advised me that the projector was a discontinued model in 2001, this predates me at the school but I think it was bought in 2002!

So with new projector on order I setup the portable one on a trolley with networked laptop, in the suite, attached it to the smartboard so all interactive, moved tables to protect trailing cables etc (whilst talking a teacher through how to copy a and paste a file from an area on the server to a laptop to use at home, this proved more difficult than the projector!) anyway all set up for the afternoon lessons when a teacher rushed into the suite and had kittens on the spot because she wanted the portable equipment in the classroom for a lesson. Much muttering under breath unattached all cables, issued said teacher with trolley went for lie down in dark room!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread