+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, S7000 New Roadmap... in Technical; hi there Edugeekers (can I call you that or is it very disparaging?) At long last we have the 2009.Q3 ...
    Thank Post

S7000 New Roadmap...

hi there Edugeekers (can I call you that or is it very disparaging?)

At long last we have the 2009.Q3 roadmap (arrived about an hour ago) which shows where the S7000 is going in terms of features, functionality, platform and application support.

I'm sure you'll all be chomping at the bit to find out more and I'll be more than happy to share the roadmap with you....

However, and here's the tricky bit, I will need a signed NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) for each person that wants / needs to see it and I cannot email it out so it's a face-to-face thing.

Not sure how I'll manage to get round you all so with the changes here at Sun I do have some very learned colleagues across the UK who can, with a bit of cajoling (and the offer of a school dinner) can help you.

If there are a few of you close (geographically) then maybe something could be done at one of your schools / educational establishments where the presentation is to a group... I'd provide the biscuits for such a thing if you need tempting.

Anyway, please let me know on here via message or posting what you'd like to do.

Warmest regards,

Phil

PS have played with 2009.Q3 already and its looks so, so good - watch out for an announcement on or around the 15th September for a release. This might slip though so please bear with us just in case we make a final tweak to the code before releasing it.

2. 5 Thanks to Hebdenlad:

apaton (10th September 2009), Butuz (10th September 2009), Duke (10th September 2009), john (10th September 2009), Soulfish (10th September 2009)

Thank Post
    Damm you being so far away from me Phil

Be interesting to see what's changed since the last roadmap you showed me!

Cheers,

John

4. Thanks to Soulfish from:

Hebdenlad (11th September 2009)

Thank Post
    If any of you are around the Wiltshire area then I'm sure we could arrange to host something here if anyone's interested. Maybe spend a while discussing hardware and future network plans in general that may be of mutual interest to everyone?

If not - Meet you in the pub again Phil? I'll get the beers if you bring the roadmap...

Chris

6. Thanks to Duke from:

Thank Post
    Oh so far awy from everyone else here in Sunny South Wales

Butuz

8. Thanks to Butuz from:

Thank Post
    Hmm, do you think we could get hold of a Sun-logo-covered vehicle and arrange some kind of roadtrip involving ICT staff, a Sun roadmap, and sampling local beers...?

Speaking of bad ideas - Phil, any chance you could get Sun to run this next summer when we virtualise: Fancy winning a million quid from NetApp? Wouldn't say no to the money!

Chris

10. Thanks to Duke from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    oOoOoO Sounds Good Phil, you bring the papers next week and I'll sign away

12. Thanks to john from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    oOoOoO Sounds Good Phil, you bring the papers next week and I'll sign away
    Of course I can John. Should be an interesting meeting. Ran through this roadmap for a customer yesterday and they got all "hot and sweaty" when they saw the good things for this quarter and even more so for next quarter...

See you next week.

Warmest regards,

Phil

14. Thanks to Hebdenlad from:

john (14th September 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Hmm, do you think we could get hold of a Sun-logo-covered vehicle and arrange some kind of roadtrip involving ICT staff, a Sun roadmap, and sampling local beers...?

Speaking of bad ideas - Phil, any chance you could get Sun to run this next summer when we virtualise: Fancy winning a million quid from NetApp? Wouldn't say no to the money!

Chris
    Struggling to see the downside of this one... Not sure how Sun Marketing could handle the prospect of first one vehicle, then two, then three as we gathered more and more people for the "S7000 Roadmap pub crawl" around the finer drinking establishments (definitely NOT Wetherspoons!) in the UK...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebdenlad View Post
    Struggling to see the downside of this one... Not sure how Sun Marketing could handle the prospect of first one vehicle, then two, then three as we gathered more and more people for the "S7000 Roadmap pub crawl" around the finer drinking establishments (definitely NOT Wetherspoons!) in the UK...
    I have this terrible vision of us ending up with a 10-vehicle convoy by the end of it with loud, drunken geeks hanging out the windows. I'm sure one of your PR/Marketing guys could spin it? "Sun users have more fun!"

Er...

Chris

Thank Post
    It's not S7000 stuff and won't affect any of us (unless you need an ultra-fast DB and have a ton of cash) but this thing should be awesome when it's officially announced: Oracle, Sun set to light FlashFire and Sun squirrels away flash drive array

Chris

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread