+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Hardware Thread, Anyone come across NS Optimum before? in Technical; I spent 2 years dealing with NSO and personally I found them to be an excellent company to deal with ...
    In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post

Re: Anyone come across NS Optimum before?

I spent 2 years dealing with NSO and personally I found them to be an excellent company to deal with for alot of out purchases. We got most items at a much lower price than from other places and they were always able to give, or find out, useful information.

My AM Brian was fantastic, great person to talk to and very helpful, Alan was a fantastic Engineer and Dal the Tech Support was very helpful in giving information when I required it, or getting replacement parts sent out the next day.

However their biggest weakness are their temp installers that they have to get in order to fullfil all the installs that are required during the holidays. As with alot of temp staff, they don't really care about the company and don't give 100% irrespective of what industry they are in. Just as you can have bar staff who are abusive to customers and lazy, you can get installers who don't want to do any work for their money. If you want just fully trained, full time staff to come do the installs then do what I did and arrange them to happen at slow periods, such as training days or during term if it doesn't disrupt T&L.

£0.02

Thank Post

I agree the techs at NS are good. Mark offers fantastic service and advice as does Dal. No problems there.

Its the sales Reps that promise you the world and fitting dates without checking the facts. Then they dont bother ringing back until its too late or you push the enquires with them.

Just as a matter of interest did you order run of the mill equipment? because they can do that no probs. Its when you order obscure equipment and want fitting. Then the problems roll in one after one but a i said before its with the sales side.

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post

As with all company sales depts you will get good ones, and bad ones. I work with both types atm so have seen first hand what it is like. Do not deride all of the account managers based off the ones you have dealt with. I know at least one of the guys there is a very abrupt typical salesman, but unfortunately they are the company's face. If you dislike your salesman, you dislike the company.

As for obscure equipment, what are we talking? Some TV Screens that weren't installed when you wanted and then turned out to be ex-demo? That could have been a stocking error or maybe you got a huge discount because they were old stock. You have to remember that the number of install teams is based on speculation, and they are a company, it is no good them having 20 perm guys when there is only call for 6 outside of easter/summer. What happened with the sceduling? Did they tell you why they were delayed? I know they have terrible luck with their vans and people crashing into them.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234