+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Anyone come across NS Optimum before? in Technical; I suggest if people do not want to be contacted by a company they just phone them and asked to ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,495 Times in 1,341 Posts

Re: Anyone come across NS Optimum before?

I suggest if people do not want to be contacted by a company they just phone them and asked to be removed from the contacts database.
    ROFLAO, you've obviously not tried to get NS to stop calling you then.

Ben

richard

Just the thought of them makes me shudder !

Thank Post

OK, i never have experienced the on-site warranty service as we send back faulty stuff. I would love to use HP or Dell for everything but it costs too much for my school

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 932 Posts
    Blog Entries

OK, i never have experienced the on-site warranty service as we send back faulty stuff
    That little extra you pay to a tier one vendor pays off when next day on site support kicks in. Remember, you are the customer they bow to you, not you to them!

Thank Post

We have used NSO for several years. We have found their kit to be competitively priced and uses quality components. However the main reason we stick with them is their support which has been excellent. (This may have something to do with the fact that one of their senior engineers lives over the road and was the teckie here some years ago!!! )

big up Mark!!!

Thank Post

Ordered some laptops in January with extra batteries and battery chargers.

Overall the equipment was good but it did take a long time for me to receive the battery chargers due to a mix up with the order.

I ended up with 10 power inverters at first which meant I convert a cigarette lighter in the car to a 240V mains socket. Had a few phone calls back asking if I was sure they weren't the right thing.

Laptops arrived in mid February chargers finally arrived in June.

Just had to RMA one of the laptops today (by telephone) and it should be picked up tomorrow. At the moment the online RMA form does not seem to work and I received no response from the email I sent on Thursday.

I'll let you know how quickly they turn it around.

As for a lot of phone calls from them I can only say I experienced this as I let it slip I could do with some other items. Haven't received a sales call since April I think.

Thank Post

NS Optimum, Now i haven't Heard them in a while but there legacy is still here. I Took Great Delight in smashing up all their PCs 2 Years ago but i still have 2 computer rooms wired up by CAT5 (not CAT5e) even their links to the main switch so no Gig links, but i sorted that this summer run my own cat6 link ups and all their cables (put in 3 years ago) are degrading. I would advise Dell Very competitive educational prices and the support is great, if tho a little teadious speaking to India or another one of those southern asian countries.

But I would advise against NS.

Gaz

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by thom
    To the other people who have posted here, it would have been nice if any of you gave a reason for your unhappiness. I suggest if people do not want to be contacted by a company they just phone them and asked to be removed from the contacts database.
    We had to put them in the email blacklist here as they simply didn't stop sending us emails. They also kept calling up despite being told we would refuse to do business with them, sometimes to complain that they couldn't send us email.

So my reason for unhappiness is spamming. Sending us spam is a great way to never get our business ever.

Thank Post

Personally, i've not had any major problems with NS apart from one batch of 6 pc's that came fitted with silly TFX form factor PSU's, one of which blew and an exact replacement could not be sourced. I don't make use of the return-to-base service, usually a phone call to request a replacement part will suffice along with the return of the component. No real problems with the build quality either apart from the usual floppy drive troubles that I experience no matter what brand of PC but since we can't fit files on a floppy its a moot point. Co-incidentally, my account manager is Rob Smith and i usually get a call about once per half-term which I don't mind plus the usual emails. So on the whole, not too bad with a few minor probs which i've experienced from many different manufacturers.

I would not reccomend they. Have a site which has a suite of 30 PCs + Server installed by them. Have had over half of them go down with faulty PSUs which can now no longer be sourced to to their "unique nature"

And as for their support contratcs. Well.......

Thank Post

NS Optimum (hears swears under his breath)

I have had no end of problems with these guys, have never ordered from them they just keep calling, emailing, faxing, sending smoke signals......

I once asked for a company called VLAN to quote for some kit I wanted they went bust and NS bought them and I guess details of clients/potential clients and that was it, my hell began.

I have not heard from them so far but I guess it's only time

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

I wonder if its 'illegal' to set up a rule in our mailservers that automatically replies to their spam, - if we all did it their inboxes would get full of "no were're NOT buying from you" they'd get fed up of it pretty soon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Illegal under Computer Misuse Act. Deliberate waste of someone elses computer resources aka Denial of Service attack.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

lol - I guess that also applies to NS then

Thank Post

I found them to be too pushy for my liking. We were going through the usual tendering process, getting quotes from a few companies and they just kept badgering me, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.

The final straw was when I had explained that all of the quotes were “on our head teachers desk” and that when he wasn’t so busy we were going to sit down and make a final decision, they called him directly!?!

Here are a few tips to any IT suppliers reading this:
    1) Tender your quote and back off. If it’s reasonable you’ll get the business.
    2) If the first price you quoted wasn’t the lowest you could possibly do, then don’t expect me to call you the next time I need anything.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast