+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Cleaning paint off of a SMARTBoard in Technical; Originally Posted by kearton We've got some orange "Mr Muscle" cleaner in a spray bottle at work. I used Windowlene ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kearton View Post
    We've got some orange "Mr Muscle" cleaner in a spray bottle at work.
    I used Windowlene the other day to clean up a printer with ink plastered all over it from a leaked cartridge. The ink cleaned away okay, but so did a couple of serial numbers printed on the case, so be careful. I've also just found Brasso (try the pre-impregnated wadding stuff) to be very useful for cleaning sticky gunk off plastic, you could give that a try.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    I used Windowlene the other day to clean up a printer with ink plastered all over it from a leaked cartridge. The ink cleaned away okay, but so did a couple of serial numbers printed on the case, so be careful. I've also just found Brasso (try the pre-impregnated wadding stuff) to be very useful for cleaning sticky gunk off plastic, you could give that a try.

--
    David Hicks
    A configuration page should give you the serial number - that or if its a network printer then you should be able to get some sort of web interface which again should give you the serial number and other info.

Copy and paste onto a label type document and print off onto a label and stick it back on - jobs a good un ( providing you dont get the labels stuck on the drum lol )

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    A configuration page should give you the serial number
    Thanks. I'm not worried about the serial number - we buy second-hand printers off eBay for £50, if one goes wrong we throw it out and get a new one. Actually, that's where the problem started - an ink cartridge in an eBay printer had decided to leak all over the inside of the printer and needed cleaning up. I was just suitably impressed by Windowlene's ability to dissolve both leaked ink and factory-printed text. I'm tempted to see just what else it will dissolve...

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    AF Foamclene is quite good a removing older 'security' marking if it's just paint/ink rather than chemical etching...

Thank Post

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by s123 View Post
    I used to use Ethanol when teachers wrote on the board with permanant markers rather than dry wipe ones, never did any harm at all. That should work for the paint too, any alcohol based cleaner would in fact, the boards are pretty resilient things.
    Hi there. I notice you allow teachers to use dry wipe marker on your boards.
    We have had smartboard 680i's installed recently in rooms where there is no room for regular whiteboards.
    How have you found the dry wipe marker usage? Does it wipe off OK?
    Although our installers, sales rep and even Smart say that the surface is dry wipe compatible, I've heard horror stories.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12