+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Mini Tower Under Desk Holders in Technical; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

Mini Tower Under Desk Holders

Can someone suggest a good under desk mini-tower PC holder ?
    We have got them in the past [ good ones which swivel and pull out ] for around £80 each. These are currently holding desktops and not mini towers.....

I am looking for cheaper alternatives if possible as I will need to get 24 of them.
    I would prefer them to pull out so access is a little easier. Maplins do them for around £20 but these are just static....
    Pointers will be appreciated....

Thank Post
    We ended up getting these: --|PSG02572|CPU HOLDER | CPC after a thread on here (use the search Luke ).

They're not bad, but may not cope as well with heavier mini-towers.

3. Thanks to pete from:

mattx (14th July 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    We ended up getting these: --|PSG02572|CPU HOLDER | CPC after a thread on here (use the search Luke ).

They're not bad, but may not cope as well with heavier mini-towers.
    Thanks for that link - just checking the dimensions and I would say that is designed for a mini tower - I may get one and see how it fits in within our room - just need to check if we have 25mm on the desk for the main holding plate.....

Thank Post
    We have the following in most places;

CPU-57 PC Suspension Bracket with Slide Rails

They allow the mounting of quite a few different sizes of case including mounting a desktop horizontally under a desk, & these also have sliding rails. Only thing you have to watch with these is because it uses luggage-style straps, you have to secure the buckles in some way to stop the little darlings from undoing the straps and letting the PCs drop to the floor. We've got fairly strong cable-ties which deter the majority of students as these require really sharp scissors to cut through, and our students don't usually have access to sharp scissors.

Apart from that little issue, we have found these to be really good otherwise and have no qualms about recommending them.

Plus they're cheap-ish too.

6. Thanks to Shielder from:

mattx (14th July 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shielder View Post

They allow the mounting of quite a few different sizes of case including mounting a desktop horizontally under a desk, & these also have sliding rails. Only thing you have to watch with these is because it uses luggage-style straps, you have to secure the buckles in some way to stop the little darlings from undoing the straps and letting the PCs drop to the floor. We've got fairly strong cable-ties which deter the majority of students as these require really sharp scissors to cut through, and our students don't usually have access to sharp scissors.

Apart from that little issue, we have found these to be really good otherwise and have no qualms about recommending them.

Thanks - that is very similar to the Maplin product but the Maplin product did not slide - this one does which is rather good.

Thank Post
    Only thing you have to watch with these is because it uses luggage-style straps, you have to secure the buckles in some way to stop the little darlings from undoing the straps and letting the PCs drop to the floor. We've got fairly strong cable-ties which deter the majority of students as these require really sharp scissors to cut through, and our students don't usually have access to sharp scissors.
    Exactly the way we do it. We have similar underdesk holders as the ones above. I think in total we must have a good 100-150across the school. Only had one break off the desk in the time I've been here.

They're a PITA to work with under the desks though as we have the cheaper variety that don't have slide rails. If its practical I'd recommend forking out for these.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Not sure about desk holders but found this and couldn't resist

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q8DriPCX2o"]YouTube - Star Wars Help Desk[/ame]

10. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

Batman (15th July 2009)

Thank Post

We've got these and they are a pain in the backside when you need to replace the PC. I end up having to pile books underneath to lower the PC down as the straps are too short. I would much rather have a metal cage to slide the PC into.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobos View Post
    We've got these and they are a pain in the backside when you need to replace the PC. I end up having to pile books underneath to lower the PC down as the straps are too short. I would much rather have a metal cage to slide the PC into.
    Thing is, we don't have particularly heavy or bulky PCs, so this has not yet been a problem for us although I do agree it can be awkward.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    I use this system less the slide, CPC sell them and they are about £11 each for them (--|CPU-42|CPU-42 BUDGET CPU BRACKET | CPC is the beasticle), they are great and the straps huuuuge, I don't cut them just wrap the excess behind the strap and tie it up a bit with them as well and they are great, i've used them for Towers, desktops and SFF PCs all with great success

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 1,492 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I use this system less the slide, CPC sell them and they are about £11 each for them (--|CPU-42|CPU-42 BUDGET CPU BRACKET | CPC is the beasticle), they are great and the straps huuuuge, I don't cut them just wrap the excess behind the strap and tie it up a bit with them as well and they are great, i've used them for Towers, desktops and SFF PCs all with great success
    They are good until the kids cut through the straps

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hate to be negative, but both products linked to above i dont think will last 5 minutes, the first link we have them in our new 6th form and have had to create wooden bottoms for the cases because well the kids could just pull on them and the machine would drop out. they could also un screw the bars causing the tower to fall out.

I cant remember where we got ours from, its just a METAL U shaped frame solid that screws to the desk surface from underneath. i'll dig out a picture and see if i can get you a contact for the company we brought them from.

James.

Thank Post
    I buy mine from a company called Datacable in Yorkshire. They do both CPU hangers, all metal with a slidy bit so it accommodates different size pc's, and what I call the 'veg basket' - a coated wire mesh holder which holds the Pc horizontally under the bench surface. I seem to recall they cost about £36.00. Speak to Martin there and mention Amanda from Standish Community High and they might discount a bit. I also buy port plates (USB & sound) from them which fit to the top of the desk, so the little darlings have no excuse to touch the PC at all (I've disabled the front USB)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Sounds like you need to be meaner to your kids, not had that once at our place as far as I know, well not since I started anyway who knows in the past but we have great success with them I love them my Technician isn't so keen on them but for the cost they are amazingly flexible so we will be sticking with them

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread