+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Wireless Help in Technical; Oops, yes that is what i mean! that serves me right for not reading what i put first. Thanks for ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Oops, yes that is what i mean! that serves me right for not reading what i put first. Thanks for correcting it.

Yeah, as i mentioned i would personally recommend Draytek, but i just wanted to give the user an idea of what he had to purchase. obviously it depends on what budget he has which is why i based it on the cheaper option

James.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 1,024 Posts
    fair enough - linksys or netgear for reasonable price options and if you want something better and have more money later on then draytek and if you win the lottery and or want to learn loads then cisco lol.

One thing that has puzzled me is you can get HP managed switches but HP as far as I can tell haven't gone into the router side of things like linksys or netgear have - is it flooded enough and they haven't bothered ?

I still dont understand why D Link or Belkin even try or bother with there routers or network stuff at least for home users because imo there stuff for home users is rubbish.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Exactly i agree with you mate, i have only ever used NetGear (that was because it was free with sky) and Linksys. Never brought a Draytek as much as i would like one lol

I brought a Belkin N Wireless Router, and it just kept locking up so never again.

James.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    Exactly i agree with you mate, i have only ever used NetGear (that was because it was free with sky) and Linksys. Never brought a Draytek as much as i would like one lol

I brought a Belkin N Wireless Router, and it just kept locking up so never again.

James.
    Think that was more the belkin router then the wireless N - not so I get any abuse or anything and have not got one myself but have suggested the apple airport extreme to a number of people and from the feedback I have had - it works great and its very fast and it works on the 5ghz band so does not interfere with anything else.

If I had the cash I would get an airport extreme ( It's wireless N and has a USB port on it ) am not sure about the ethernet ports on the back ( Think they are only 100mbps )

Think netgear do a gigabit version of there pre N wireless router which has gigabit ports on the back as well.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12