+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Hardware Thread, Is this more then i need? in Technical; Thanks for all that - I can't afford SAS drives so I have gone for the SATA but they are ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Thanks for all that - I can't afford SAS drives so I have gone for the SATA but they are raided. I will check re the warranty.
    As for the info about RAM - very interesting - I shall be looking into that. I will be using Server 2008 if that makes a difference

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    I don't think I understand the question: There exists the possibility for a computer system that is too fast?
    Definitely. If you need a car to get you to the supermarket twice a week, down residential roads or ones with heavy traffic, then a Masserati is probably not the car of choice. Same goes for PCs - they can be higher-specced than is necessary/appropriate for their use.

Little-Miss' server sounds about right though, and is comparable to the spec we've just ordered for the new server for our similar-sized network. As others have said, since this is the only server on site, don't scrimp on redundancy. Also consider teamed network cards.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information