+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, LNL Printers For Schools in Technical; Hi guys. Just want to say - Yes i HAVE searched and seen the other thread regarding LNL and the ...
    Thank Post

LNL Printers For Schools

Hi guys.

Just want to say - Yes i HAVE searched and seen the other thread regarding LNL and the free printer offer but the last post was nearly 2 years ago and i wanted a fresh discussion.

A head in one of my schools has pointed me to the website etc and she swears she has experience with them and that they are very good, the catch is indeed that you have to buy 1x set of toners per year that you have the printer etc and all support repairs etc are free.

Can anyone who has had experience with LNL customer service, the free printers for schools program or anyone with general experience of lnl/konica magicolor 5650en printers pipe up?

Want to make sure this is proper before i get it plopped on my lap and have to fix a POS printer that i didnt want in the first place etc =-)

Btw, didnt know exactly where to put this so if i have infringed, my bad, please shift me in the right direction =-)

Thanks again geekers

Thank Post
    We use them here. You do have to buy all your consumables from them, which set alarm bells ringing for me, but they actually offer the most competitive prices we found. They're a really friendly company to deal with, and consumables are sent out next day, with free delivery over 50 (might be more, can't remember). I definitely recommend them.

3. Thanks to enjay from:

Bluetooth (12th June 2009)

Thank Post
    I've been looking at the scheme for a while now, and we've currently got a 5650EN demo unit direct from Konica Minolta. LNL have been great in answering all my questions and organising the demo unit for us (we already use some Xerox 8560's so wanted to compare to the Konica).

The "have to purchase consumables from us" line did set alarm bells ringing intially, but having looked into the contract and their pricing it seems that they are a good 20% cheaper then everyone else on Konica toner and that if you can beat their pricing they'll match it.

5. Thanks to Soulfish from:

Thank Post
    Thanks to both of you, i have made contact with LNL and are discussing things with them, it sounds exactly like you both described and the must buy toners from them set my bells off too but ive seen their prices also and they are pretty cheap.

THanks again guys =-)

Thank Post
    We have had 4 printers off them, and plan another one this year (to replace an older model). Their prices are indeed very competitive, and in the contract, if you find the cartridges cheaper elsewhere and they can't beat the price (providing you give them a chance first), you can buy it elsewhere (I think there is a bit more to it, but that's the jist); we have never been in that position as they have always come out cheaper.

Support is very good and the printers themselves are also very good. Overall, we are still satisfied and continuing the use the scheme over 4 years later and will continue to do so.

8. Thanks to dgsmith from:

Thank Post
    We've got 5 of these printers accross 3 of my schools, and have just ordered another for a fourth school, not had any problems with any of them, and find them to be pretty good on running costs. - we get around 6000 pages out of a 12000 page toner, which the way they print in primary schools it pretty good!

Steve

10. Thanks to steveg from:

Thank Post
    So what happens with printer maintenance? Do they come out to fix jamming / quality problems as part of the contract?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tforeman View Post
    So what happens with printer maintenance? Do they come out to fix jamming / quality problems as part of the contract?
    Sort of. LNL have support contracts placed with the manufacturers, so you phone Xerox (or whoever) and they offer a next-day on-site service.

The printer is registered to LNL, not you, so remember to tell the guy who is coming out what your school name is - last time we had someone come out, he spent 20 minutes driving straight past the school because he was looking for a company called LNL!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread