+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Dlink DWL 2100 AP Update your firmware now!!! in Technical; For those of you who are unfortunate enough to have these awkward little boxes I suggest you update your firmware ...
    Thank Post

Dlink DWL 2100 AP Update your firmware now!!!

For those of you who are unfortunate enough to have these awkward little boxes I suggest you update your firmware immediately. There has been a release in the past few weeks (first one in 2 years).

The is a security issue that allows you to obtain the all the settings extremely easy including the admin password and any keys in use (especially WEP).
    The problem is documented on the internet but if anyone wants any details pm me.

Thank Post

Re: Dlink DWL 2100 AP Update your firmware now!!!

I don't suppose they bothered to fix the other issues with it? Like: it's crap?

(Thanks for the tip off though)

EDIT: Where are you getting your firmware from? Dlink.co.uk has 2.10r0338 (14-07-2005) which is what I've got, I think. I didn't think the US one worked on the UK models. Just looked at the US site and they have only just published 2.10 - it would appear that uk firmware was ahead of the states for once.

EDIT2: Just found it on http://tsd.dlink.com.tw - am I right in thinking you have to be logged into the wireless network to take advantage of the vunerablilty? If so, I'll wait a few days. Have you installed it yet? Would you mind letting us know if the update causes your whole network to dissolve? Thanks.

Thank Post

Re: Dlink DWL 2100 AP Update your firmware now!!!

You would need to be on a wired computer to do the exploit as you need to be connected to the network. I have updated my 2100 at home and it seems ok so far. Had a few issues getting my Linux laptop to connect at first although my g/f Windows laptop was fine. I will just put that down to my laptop being awkward.

They seem to have added some more advanced features as well but I doubt they work very well :P

Im redoing all our wireless at the moment as I managed to break our WEP key in under an hour. I know its been a weak point for ages but never got round to having a serious look ops:

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread