+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, HP DX2450's gone funny in Technical; Hi, All of a sudden I am getting problems with a room full of DX2450's that I installed 9 months ...

Thank Post

HP DX2450's gone funny

Hi,

All of a sudden I am getting problems with a room full of DX2450's that I installed 9 months ago. Sporadically they are hanging at the applying computer settings page and sometimes at the startup script page.

It only happens in this room and has only started after half term. I messes around with the netbios this morning (enabling it), removed a few derelict programs and the Internet gateway device discovery and control client service (I was told about this on a forum)

Alas I think the Internet gateway device discovery and control client has stopped the kids browing the internet as its speeding through the logon process now.

Tomo morning I need to sort the internet out (it works for me) so I will enable the Internet gateway device discovery and control client..... since I took it off I am getting loads of errors about 'cannot determine the connection type'

Anyone seen this before? I know the applying settings is a bugger to sort out and the network seems fine.... oh and I can't log onto the remote computer management mmc either.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,254 Posts
    Sporadically they are hanging at the applying computer settings page and sometimes at the startup script page
    Do you have any active Startup scripts? Something in the script could be causing Windows to hang. Have you checked the event logs via MMC remotely on the problematic machines? Did you image these machines or are they still HP OEM installed?

Alas I think the Internet gateway device discovery and control client
    What do you mean by this? I presume you use DHCP Server to specify your network gateway, which typically is your router. You shouldn't need any other client.

oh and I can't log onto the remote computer management mmc either
    If you can't get into Computer Management, can you try 'Event Viewer' lower down in the list? I presume you're using an account which has administrator access rights to the machines.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread