+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 362
Hardware Thread, HP LaserJet P2055DN's going offline and not responding in Technical; Originally Posted by Osric3220 Any chance I could get a PM with that beta firmware aswell? Problem is driving me ...
  1. #121

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,837
    Thank Post
    974
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 851 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Osric3220 View Post
    Any chance I could get a PM with that beta firmware aswell?

    Problem is driving me nuts...
    Sent, enjoy.

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    I'd like to get a copy of that firmware, too. The corporate overlords made this their standard issue network printer and I have 56 of these things on my network that generate calls from the user population when they go to printer never-never land. Apparently no one bothers to read the emails I send out about IT issues...

    Thanks in advance for saving what little is left of my sanity.

  3. #123

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,837
    Thank Post
    974
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 851 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by lanwanman1956 View Post
    I'd like to get a copy of that firmware, too. The corporate overlords made this their standard issue network printer and I have 56 of these things on my network that generate calls from the user population when they go to printer never-never land. Apparently no one bothers to read the emails I send out about IT issues...

    Thanks in advance for saving what little is left of my sanity.
    Sent, welcome to EduGeek

  4. #124

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    143
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    Could I get a copy too please?

    Just bought 3 P2055dn's (£230 + £80 cashback!) and already have another thats got this issue, although it wasnt being reported by staff until recently :S

    I take it the firmware here <http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=1 8972&prodSeriesId=3662052&swItem=lj-72585-3&prodNameId=3662058&swEnvOID=54&swLang=8&taskId=1 35&mode=4&idx=1> (march 2010) doesnt fix it?

    Any ideas how long has this one been in beta? Is it purely to fix this problem?

    Thanks

  5. #125

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,837
    Thank Post
    974
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 851 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazer View Post
    Could I get a copy too please?

    Just bought 3 P2055dn's (£230 + £80 cashback!) and already have another thats got this issue, although it wasnt being reported by staff until recently :S

    I take it the firmware here <http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=1 8972&prodSeriesId=3662052&swItem=lj-72585-3&prodNameId=3662058&swEnvOID=54&swLang=8&taskId=1 35&mode=4&idx=1> (march 2010) doesnt fix it?

    Any ideas how long has this one been in beta? Is it purely to fix this problem?

    Thanks
    Sent, August was when we got the firmware and they said it would go live soon but no release yet. It seems to only fix the offline issue but that was the only major issue we had so its hard to tell.

  6. #126

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stoke on Trent
    Posts
    91
    Thank Post
    10
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    How do. Long time lurker, first time poster. Any chance I could grab the magic beta? We've only got a couple of 2055's but they are slowly driving me crazy... Cheers

  7. #127

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,837
    Thank Post
    974
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 851 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnPugwash View Post
    How do. Long time lurker, first time poster. Any chance I could grab the magic beta? We've only got a couple of 2055's but they are slowly driving me crazy... Cheers
    Sent, and welcome to EduGeek

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    143
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    Appears to have fixed it on the P2055dn's! Thanks.

    Does anyone know if its ok to update a non 'n/dn' version (usb attached to a seperate hp print server) - will it update in the same way without breaking the print server or anything like that?
    Im getting the same issue with it

  9. #129

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,837
    Thank Post
    974
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 851 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazer View Post
    Appears to have fixed it on the P2055dn's! Thanks.

    Does anyone know if its ok to update a non 'n/dn' version (usb attached to a seperate hp print server) - will it update in the same way without breaking the print server or anything like that?
    Im getting the same issue with it
    I didnt know it affected USB connections but I cant see why not, you would just target the ltp port of the usb I guess. I have no idea tbh if it will work so its up to you but in theory it could be okay over usb, it just depends on hp.

  10. #130

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Hey ZeroHour,

    I stumbled upon this thread whilst fielding dozens of angry calls from users regarding this issue. You very well might extend this human's life if you could be so kind as to PM me that firmware as it seems to be working for the lucky folks who have tried it.

  11. #131

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,837
    Thank Post
    974
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 851 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtTerse View Post
    Hey ZeroHour,

    I stumbled upon this thread whilst fielding dozens of angry calls from users regarding this issue. You very well might extend this human's life if you could be so kind as to PM me that firmware as it seems to be working for the lucky folks who have tried it.
    Sent a reply to you.

  12. Thanks to ZeroHour from:

    CurtTerse (9th December 2010)

  13. #132
    Lushamania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nortwest Indiana
    Posts
    5
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtTerse View Post
    Hey ZeroHour,

    I stumbled upon this thread whilst fielding dozens of angry calls from users regarding this issue. You very well might extend this human's life if you could be so kind as to PM me that firmware as it seems to be working for the lucky folks who have tried it.
    Same thing here. I tried working with HP on this, but they were not of any help. And my problem is that this printer sat in a closet, unused, for over a year. No warranty.

    ZeroHour, if you would kindly pass the firmware along, I'd love to give it a shot. I'm hoping I can make my office happy with this printer.

  14. #133

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sodertalje
    Posts
    1
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Can I also get the magic betafix, please? We have 3 2055dns and two of them have the described problem...

  15. #134

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,837
    Thank Post
    974
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 851 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    460
    Hi
    I will be PM'ing you details soon, just having a problem with the site that hosted the file.

  16. #135
    Lushamania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nortwest Indiana
    Posts
    5
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    Hi
    I will be PM'ing you details soon, just having a problem with the site that hosted the file.
    Much appreciated! Since I work for non-profit we're stuck with this bum printer, but I would love to see the firmware resolve the issue.



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Active Directory Stops Responding
    By adrianm83 in forum Windows Server 2000/2003
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 8th May 2009, 03:53 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29th September 2008, 08:16 PM
  3. My Computer(Not Responding)
    By steve_nfi in forum Windows
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19th September 2008, 04:46 PM
  4. Magicolour 2430 not responding
    By Jobos in forum Hardware
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10th December 2007, 12:30 PM
  5. Help!!! Fileserver's stopped responding
    By indiegirl in forum Windows
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 9th January 2006, 04:11 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •